38. dying dreams

:triginta octo:
~dying dreams~

:triginta octo:~dying dreams~

✰✰✰

Percy was on patrol as head boy. Yes head boy. He'd ticked off yet another accomplishment of his life list. The former prefect had received the letter after his trip to Egypt with his family. Apart from Fred and George trying to lock him in one of the tombs, he'd though it had gone rather well.

Head boy was a lot more responsibility and he'd already had to deal with Sirius black breaking into the school and causing havoc. He wasn't particularly scared of the mindless criminal as he believed under the watch of all of the teachers, he wouldn't be able to get away with anything.

Penelope Clearwater was head girl, it seemed most of his siblings thought he was dating her because of something Ginny had said. Percy was just grateful that Ginny hadn't told them the truth. God knows what would happen if they learned the truth.

He walked through the corridors with his head held high, being his usual pretentious self. Percy knew that he was the right choice for head boy, the only choice in his opinion. His whole Hogwarts career had been leading up to this badge on his robes, prefect felt rather small compared to this.

Percy strode down the corridors, keeping his status looking left and right to see any students that may be out of bed at this time. He paced down a stone staircase with his robes billowing out behind him. That's when he heard a yell.

His pace quickened as he ducked into another corridor, following the noise. Suddenly one of the Hufflepuff prefects ran out of the abandoned boy's bathroom with a pale face and terrified eyes.
"What is going on?" Percy asked quickly as the prefect ran out.
"In there" he trembled pointing his finger into the bathroom.

Percy pushed past him expecting to see a ghost or a couple of misfits kissing however what he saw made his heart stop. His body fell cold as his lungs emptied of air.

Patrick Larson lay lifeless on the floor surrounded by a pool of his own blood.
"PATRICK?" Percy yelled in horror as he fell to his knees beside his body, bloodying his robes immediately,
"GET HELP" he cried to the Hufflepuff prefect who dashed away.
"Patrick what did you do?" Sobbed Percy as he saw his wand rolling from his hand, "what did you do"

"What's going o-OH MY GOODNESS NO" the yell of McGonagall called as the Hufflepuff returned,
"What happened?" She cried as she levitated the body of Patrick into the air, blood still dropped off him as Percy stumbled to his feet, steadying himself on the sink.
"He tried" Percy gasped for breath "he tried to end his life"

McGonagall's face grew cold as she wiped her wand over the wounds, closing them immediately. Patrick still looked pale but there was life in the purple veins of his neck.
"We have to hurry" McGonagall muttered, "Percy go to Ravenclaw common room... Anna Jones needs to be alerted".