8. percy and the pranksters

:octo:
~Percy and the pranksters~

:octo:~Percy and the pranksters~

✰✰✰

Percy's Christmas was satisfactory to him, he received many new books, rolls of parchment and quills which set him on nicely for the new term at Hogwarts. Traditions around Christmas at the Burrow included fruitless activities such as snowball fights which Percy certainly didn't care for. He had been annoyed enough when he'd been hit by an unexpected ball of snow to the ear while trying to help Ginny build a snowman never mind when the twins snuck into his room and dumped snow over his head.

The sensible Weasley loathed having the twins running loose in the halls of Hogwarts school as they always found a way to prank him when he least suspected it. They'd even managed to get him in his safe place (the library) leaving him on edge wherever he went. Fred and George were bad when pranking yet even when they weren't cooking up new ways to piss off their elder brother they were still nightmarish. Pacing quickly after the boy as he went to lessons while shouting embarrassing facts about his childhood and deliberately disturbing his studying in the most quiet corner of the Gryffindor common room.

In short Percy hated having the twins at Hogwarts because it disrupted his natural order. Percy was nothing without his routines, schedules and god forbid he was ever late. The elder Weasley was the direct opposite to the twins who seemed the revolve their life around winding other people up for their own enjoyment. Anyone with a little bit more patience would find the two gingers amusing, even those who were pranked. They were slowly turning into a sensation at the school as their pranks became something of legend, even to rival the marauders in McGonagall's opinion.

Percy Weasley felt that he couldn't escape from the twins. He realised this over the Christmas break. The year previous had been the same festive antics leaving the boy feeling exhausted and annoyed however at least then he could escape back to the school and wouldn't have to deal with them until the Easter break. Now when he boarded the ruby red train he had to sit with the growing anxiety that the twins were still going to be around him when he returned to the school he'd once found refuge in. Percy was nothing if not dramatic leaving him feeling rather overwhelmed from the constant pranks that he probably deserved.

Henceforth the boy hadn't really enjoyed Christmas all that much. It had been nice to see Ron, Ginny and his parents again however it wasn't what it had used to be. Truthfully Percy had never really been an average child. Even when younger he still didn't enjoy snow ball fights or being cold. However this only worsened as he grew up making him the perfect Scrooge of the family. He appreciated gifts from his parents that they probably couldn't afford and liked the warm feeling of a good Christmas dinner but after that there wasn't much fun about it.

✰✰✰

Percy had expected that the months between January and July would be filled with pranks from his younger brothers however what he hadn't expected was another young boy interrupting his perfectly planned out days and scheduled library sessions yet as the new term fell into full bloom he began to see the boy more and more. Overall the boy kept getting in his way, Percy wasn't aware how he'd managed to do this so many times however it seemed a few days wouldn't pass without the small blonde bumping into him.