64. unexpected news

:sexaginta quattuor:
~ unexpected news ~

:sexaginta quattuor:~ unexpected news ~

✰✰✰

"Percy what's the date?" Patrick asked his boyfriend who was currently filling in the muggle crossword, something he seemed to find great enjoyment in.

"Second of may" Percy replied as he hurriedly filled in another one of the answers.

"Thanks" replied the blonde as he poured himself a large mug of coffee, "what do you want to do today?"

"Considering it's already three, not a lot" Percy smirked.

Amelia walked into the kitchen as Patrick sat down opposite Percy, she had a large smile on her face as she had been able to reunite with her boyfriend Dominic who had been very understanding considering she'd disappeared for so long.

Turns out the blonde hadn't strayed far from the truth, she'd told him that she'd been hiding from her abusive father who was now in prison, to be fair it wasn't entirely a lie.

Patrick hadn't done much for the past few weeks, he and Percy had been spending time together going on walks or occasionally out for dinner but it seemed the entire wizarding world was just waiting for something to happen.

So far 1998 had been just as bad as 1997. The years seemed to be dragging on while the state the world was in just continued to get worse.

"What's Latin for cat?" Percy asked as he looked up from the paper.

"Don't ask me" Patrick shrugged,

"Well you're the cat lover" the Weasley boy smirked before turning to Amelia, "what's Latin for cat?"

"Cattus" Amelia replied as she filled her own mug full of coffee.

On cue Pluto jumped into Patrick's lap and settled in a curled ball purring in contempt.

"Cattus" Percy repeated slowly, "yes that fits thank you"

"How come you know so much muggle trivia" Patrick frowned as he watched the Weasley fill in his last answer.

"My dads obsessed with muggles" Percy explained, "he used to do these all the time"

Patrick smiled happily at the thought of a younger Percy helping his dad do the cross word.

✰✰✰

All of a sudden a silvery shape flew through the open window, Amelia gasped and almost dropped her coffee as the mass took the form of an owl which sat importantly on the table in front of the two boys.

The owl opened its beak but the noise that came out was the voice of Anna Jones.

"Harry's at Hogwarts, in fact everyone is... there's going to be a fight... if you want to come apperate into the hogs head pub... please come we need all the help we can get"