30. a transparent secret

:triginta:
~a transparent secret~

:triginta: ~a transparent secret~

✰✰✰

Patrick didn't have a lot of time to worry about the encounter he had shared with Percy as the school turned into turmoil before the end of the month. It started when Mrs Norris (Filch' cat) was found petrified hanging in a corridor. However the situation got weirder after they read the writing that seemed to be in blood above it.

The chamber of secrets has opened, Enemies of the air beware

Ever since then, security had heightened and prefects weren't allowed to roam the corridors by themselves (which was a great relief to Patrick). Many people had been saying that the chamber of secrets was built by Salazar Slytherin as a revenge plot against the other founders. Enemies of the air was suspected to be another term for muggle borns (as Slytherin had been against them).

After Collin Creevey had been petrified, teachers had walked in between lessons escorting the students meaning that Patrick could skip even if he wanted to. Anna was especially on edge most of the time, always reshuffling her notes or tightening her hair. Everyone was saying that there was a monster going around school picking off students however Patrick wasn't so sure.

In all of the commotion, the blonde hadn't found himself thinking about Percy too much. He believed that he'd said all he needed to say, Percy may have confessed that he liked Patrick and that may have made Patrick's heart beat about five times faster but he wasn't delusional. Patrick knew that it would never work, Percy was a pretentious git who seemed to pick and choose when he wanted to be with Patrick.

✰✰✰

One perk to being a prefect was the incredible bathroom that came with it. Students had to be escorted to the door by a teacher when they wanted to use it however Patrick had managed to sneak out of the Ravenclaw common room a few times without being noticed. The fact that he might come into contact with a petrifying monster just made the journey slightly more exciting.

There were many taps around the large -almost swimming pool size- bath. Every one had a different purpose and by the end of the testing, Patrick's bath was an incredibly smelling bubbly dream. He practically fell into it and let the hot water engulf him like a warm hug.

The blonde knew that he would definitely be coming here to wear his troubles away, the sickly sweet smell of lavender, rose and citrus filled his nostrils as he took a few laps through the world of bubbles at his finger tips.
It was a shame that he had to share this with the fifteen other prefects as well as the head boy and girl. Patrick wanted this to himself, an incredible world he could just slip into if his troubles ever got the better of him.

He looked at his watch that he'd left sitting on the marble surface by the side of the bath, realising that it was nearly nine he jumped out. Patrick had been swimming around in the luxurious bath for an hour and a half now. His fingers were pruned but he smelt amazing. He rushed into his robes and left the bathroom as the swirling water vanished leaving only a few bubbles swooning on the surface.