43. the yule ball

:quadraginta tres:
~the yule ball~

:quadraginta tres:~the yule ball~

✰✰✰

It seemed that the triwizard tournament was taking over everything, it had already caused a stop to quidditch which although didn't bother Patrick had caused uproar from many captains and players.
Those competing in the tournament were to be chosen using the goblet of fire which had been placed in the centre of the entrance hall so students could put there names in.

Although it was tempting, due to Anna's words of wisdom the blonde had decided against entering his name. In the end the main champions had been Fleur Delecour (from Beauxbatons), Victor Krum (from Durmstrang) and Cedric Diggory (from Hogwarts).
However the shock had come when a fourth champion had been decided by the goblet. Harry Potter. Patrick was right when he said everything bad seemed to happen to that boy.

Despite Harry only being fourteen he seemed to have gotten away with it which was both concerning and annoying. The fact that Dumbledore was allowing a fourteen year old to compete in these trails didn't sit right with Patrick. However aggravation came from the rest of the school who seemed to think he'd cheated his way in even though Harry told them he hadn't even placed his name in.
Patrick believed the conspiracy that someone had put his name in to work against him, he was the chosen one after all.

The first trial had been dragons ,yes dragons. Patrick hadn't really wanted to watch it out of fear that one of the champions was going to get burned alive.
As soon as he and Anna were seated in the makeshift stadium, Patrick noticed a flurry of red hair trying to tame one of the dragons.

Despite knowing that Percy was working for Crouch in the ministry, for a moment Patrick had a weird hope that he was here... at Hogwarts. However as the man turned around the blonde recognised him to be Charlie Weasley, he was standing next to his co worker (a girl with long dark hair and an abundance of freckles) and seemed to be more muscular than ever. Which was fitting for training dragons.

The actual trial was terrifying to watch, Cedric managed to get his robes set on fire, Fleur got her skirt burned, Krum managed to get the dragon eggs crushed causing Charlie and his co worker to swear in anger. As for Harry, he used his broom to fly away from the castle. Overall they all got the egg but Patrick was left in great anxiety after watching it.

A few months after, the Yule ball was announced. It seemed everyone was thrilled by it however Patrick didn't see the appeal. Usually at events like this he would rely on going with his friends however as Leo and Annabelle were going together and Anna was going with Lee Jordan, it seemed he was on his own.
The blonde was sure that even if Percy still went to the school, he wouldn't have gone to a public dance with him.

Patrick had gone back to disliking Percy despite the last words that they'd shared. That moment in the bathroom had given Patrick hope that they could actually be something despite the inconvenience however now he hadn't heard from Percy in about five months that hope was gone. It seemed that Percy had managed to make a perfectly good life without him, Percy had never needed Patrick anyway.