59. family meetings

:quinquaginta novem:
~family meetings~

:quinquaginta novem:~family meetings~

✰✰✰

His mother and sister hadn't been thrilled about Patrick going to the wedding however they were beyond excited about the fact that the blonde officially had a boyfriend.
Patrick couldn't quite believe it himself. Since he'd been through so much with Percy it was a wonder that he was actually trusting him however his heart was yearning that this was the right decision.

He'd apperated to the bottom of the Weasleys garden just as instructed. The house was peculiar but beautifully unique. It was towering over the ground and rooms were oddly built off each other and obviously attached by magic.
Outside of the house was a large white marquee where the wedding would be held, it was glistening in fairy lights as people poured in.

There was a faint pop beside him and Patrick turned to see Percy, he looked incredibly nervous as he continued to brush his hand through his red curls,
"Are you ready?" Patrick muttered softly, "I know you haven't faced your parents since you had that argument"
"Actually I saw them at Christmas" Percy laughed, "I left after Fred George and Ginny started throwing mashed potato at me"

"I presume it didn't go well then" grimaced the blonde,
"No I was being a prat as usual... I don't deserve their forgiveness",
"Stop saying you don't deserve anything" Patrick sighed, "you've made a lot of mistakes and yes you've been a git but you joined the ministry out of fear... you were just doing what you thought was right... you understand now that you were wrong that proves you deserve forgiveness"

Percy nodded warily as the two boys began to trek up the path towards the house. The blonde noticed immediately that a small group had already formed by the gate looking extremely confused.
Both the twins stood there, one with their arm around Elle who looked beautiful in a lilac dress. Molly and Arthur Weasley were also both standing there looking dapper and ready for the wedding.

Patrick felt rather nervous as he saw them all standing waiting in shock. He suddenly got the weird feeling that Percy hadn't actually been invited... they definitely hadn't expected him to come that's for sure.
Percy tensed beside him as they opened the gate. Molly looked as though she was about to burst into tears and the twins faces flushed red in anger upon seeing their brother

"Hi" Patrick beamed. No one responded. Not even Elle. They were all too shocked to form words,
"I want to say" Percy began, "that I've been a complete idiot, I know I have and I don't expect forgiveness, I've been a git and an awful son and I'm so sorry"
Molly burst into tears immediately. Patrick looked nervously between her and Percy wondering whether this was a good or a bad sign.

Suddenly she pulled her son into a hug which he gratefully returned smiling happily to be reunited with his family. Patrick smirked happily upon seeing Percy relax, hugging his mother back.
"Oh Perce" she sobbed "I've missed you"
"I've missed you too mum" Percy smiled.
He looked over Molly's shoulder to his father whose gaze was stiffened slightly.