22. authority and ignorance

:vigintiduo:
~authority and ignorance~

:vigintiduo:~authority and ignorance~

✰✰✰

"Did you know that Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts?" Anna asked in excitement as she and Patrick took their seats next to each other at the Ravenclaw table,
"Who's that?" Asked Patrick in genuine curiosity,
"The boy who lived" Anna continued intelligently "the one who defeated....you know who ... when he was a baby"
"Ah that one" nodded the blonde "well why wouldn't he come to Hogwarts... isn't he supposed to be an extraordinary wizard?"
"He's only eleven years old Pat" Anna shrugged "plus I heard he's been living with muggles for all this time"

Their heads turned as the first years walked through the centre of the middle tables. They were small and scared looking as they formed a small circle behind professor McGonagall who stood proudly before them.
"The storing ceremony may begin" called professor Dumbledore from the front of the great hall "this year we will start not with a first year, but a third year.. I hope you will all welcome her despite her late coming".
"Why's someone joining late?" Patrick whispered to Anna who for once didn't know the answer.

The young girl had long curly dark hair and a well structured face,
"Ravenclaw" Anna muttered to Patrick. The two always loved to try and guess which house each student would be in,
"Gryffindor" countered Patrick as she took her seat, the sorting hat was placed over her curls and only lightly dipped across her eyes. The hat took a few moments to decide as usual.

"GRYFFINDOR"

"Told you" smirked the blonde as the new girl walked happily to the red clad table,
"She looks like a Ravenclaw" frowned Anna "anyway you only guessed Gryffindor because she has curly hair... you do that every time, lions don't even have curly manes"
"The one in the wizard of oz did" retorted Patrick before the first years began to be sorted.

"Ravenclaw" the two friends agreed as a girl with bushy brown hair named Hermione made her way to the wooden stool.

"GRYFFINDOR"

"Again?" Patrick frowned "this is getting ridiculous"
"We're losing our touch"

They luckily managed to guess that Malfoy would be a Slytherin and McMillan a Hufflepuff. As Harry Potter made his way to the wooden stool there was an air of anticipation around the room.
"We can both agree Gryffindor on this right?" Whispered Anna
"Yeah probably... though it would be incredible if he was in Slytherin"

"GRYFFINDOR"

"Yes" Anna clapped as the boy who loved made his way to the Gryffindor table. The final boy was another Weasley. The ginger hair and wrong size robes gave it away immediately.
"That reminds me" Anna frowned "you haven't talked about Percy for a while"
"What's there to talk about" shrugged Patrick "I'm over all that... was being stupid anyway he's obviously straight"
"Ok" Anna half smiled "if you're sure"