17. tears and tribulations

:septendecim:
~tears and tribulations~

:septendecim:~tears and tribulations~

✰✰✰

Percy was rather happy with himself due to the fact he'd managed to complete more work than he had planned on completing. He left the library in high spirits as he walked through the corridors. He barely saw anyone as he began making his way back to the common room. Most people were enjoying the fact that it was a Saturday, ignoring work and responsibilities to relax. Percy was not one of these people.

He rounded another corner before noticing that there was someone sat at the end of it. He paused wondering why someone had chosen to sit alone in a corridor. He personally would never do this yet Percy prided himself for always having a place to be.
The boy had his head nestled in his arms as he sat hunched, back against the wall.
As Percy approached he realised that this boy must be upset. He wasn't good with emotions or knowing how to deal with other peoples and he had half a mind to turn around and pretend he'd never seen the boy sitting there.

However after he'd argued with himself in his mind he decided that checking on this boy would be a very prefect thing to do.
"Are you ok?" Percy asked as he briskly approached.
"Go away" the boy muttered without looking up.
"Do you want me to go and get someone?" Asked Percy in confusion,
"I said-" the blonde boy looked up and seemed taken aback to see Percy standing there.

Percy too was rather surprised to see that it was Patrick Larson hunched at the end of the corridor. The boy looked rough with a cut lip and heavily bruised jaw. Percy noted that his knuckles were also decorated purple and blue as he sat there.
"You should go to the hospital wing" Percy frowned "Madame Pomfrey cures stuff like this easily"
"Leave me alone" was all Patrick replied as he rested his head back against the wall and looked out of one of the windows beside him in wonder.

"You probably shouldn't just be sitting in a corridor" Percy continued "if I were prefect-"
"Are you for real?" Asked Patrick angrily,
"Right sorry that wasn't the thing to say" said Percy "I just don't know what to say"
"Then don't say anything!" Yelled Patrick "don't say anything and leave me alone"
Percy didn't want to leave the blonde boy alone in the corridor. He was obviously upset, this much was evident.

"What happened?" He asked tentatively,
"I got in a fight what the fuck does it look like?" Snapped the blonde,
"Right whatever I'm only trying to be nice"
"You could do me a favour and leave me the bloody hell alone"
Percy paused frozen in front of the blonde. Why is it that he didn't want to leave him sitting here? Only moments ago he'd been contemplating this exact thing but as soon as he'd seen that the boy was Patrick he'd had a sudden urge to say.

"Patrick" began Percy softly,
"WHAT?" The boy yelled "WHAT DO YOU WANT PERCY, DO YOU WANT SOME POINT TO HELP YOU TO BECOME PREFECT, DO YOU THINK BY BEING NICE TO ME THEY'LL THINK YOU'RE COMPASSIONATE?"
"Sorry... I'll ... I'll just go" muttered Percy as the boy shouted at him. Patrick's angered expression dropped as Percy began to walk away.