Ch 37

Video- the face Carrie makes when she introduces Brad!! 😍

Carrie noticed Brad fell asleep so she went downstairs to the kids.

Huck: hi mom

Carrie: hey Huck. What are you guys watching??

Jasper: spongebob!!

Carrie: what!! Thats my favorite show!! May I join you guys??

Huck: yea

Carrie grabbed some fruit from the fridge and sat on the couch.

Carrie: you guys want some?

They ran towards her and sat on each side if her. They ate and watched the cartoon for a couple hours.
Brad woke up to his phone vibrating, it was a text message from Carrie's parents saying that the had arrived at the hotel with Brad's parents. Brad texted them back saying that he'll have a driver pick them up around 6 pm tomorrow. Brad noticed Carrie wasn't with him in bed so he walked downstairs. He saw her and the kids sleeping on the couch all cuddled up with each other. He took a picture of them and tweeted it adding, "And I thought I can't hang."

He picked up the kids and tucked them in their beds. Brad then went back down, turned off the tv, and picked up Carrie Bridal Style and took her into their bedroom. He helped her undress into sweats and one of his shirts. He then got her into bed, he cuddled up next to her and fell asleep.

The next day they woke up real early to prepare for the dinner. They got into the shower and then got changed to go back to Whole Foods to buy the rest of the items.
It was around 1 in the afternoon, they arrived home and they began to prep everything. Brad helped with turkey and vegetables. Carrie made the gravy and mashed potatoes. She opened the fridge and sat them in there. She then began to get the corn on the cob ready. Brad finished preparing the turkey and he stuffed back into the fridge. The kids got hungry so Carrie cooked them a quick snack.
Time went by fast it was already four.

Carrie: shoot I got to get ready. Brad!!!! Can you set the table while I go and get ready.

Brad: yea sure. Hey kids go get ready too. I'll be up there in a minute

Brad set the table for 8, he then ran up and also got ready.

Carrie: did you set the table( doing her makeup)

Brad: yea I did everything you asked

Carrie: thank you

She gave him a kiss and continued to get ready. Brad and the kids finished so they went downstairs. Brad went outside to give his parents and Carrie's parents a call. He told them that his driver was on the way to the hotel. He came back into the house and noticed Carrie coming down.

Brad: 😍 wow!!! You look so beautiful Care.

Carrie: why thank you.

He gave her a kiss. Carrie then walked into the kitchen and began to take out everything from the fridge. She looked at the table, there was 8 plates instead of just 4. Thats when Brad got a text saying that his parents were outside.

Carrie: Brad um why are there 8 plates?? Theres only 4 of us...

Brad: you'll see....😉

Carrie: what do you mean??

Brad: be patient Care.

Thats when they heard the door bell ring.

Brad: hey Care you should get that.

Carrie: Brad I'm busy can't you see. Can you please get it.

It rang again.

Carrie: Brad please get the door!!!😠

Brad purposely ignoring her. She began to get mad, it rang again.

Carrie: are you kidding me 😡😡

She stormed to the door furiously. The door rang once again.

Carrie: I'm going I'm going!!! 😠😠

She opened the door to her parents and Brad's as well.

Carrie: Oh my god!!😭😭 (crying and covering her face with her hands)

They all gave her a hug. Thats when Brad and the kids walked towards them for a hug too.

Carrie: omg what are you guys doing here??

Carol: what do you mean what are we doing here... Here for thanksgiving dinner!!

Carrie: I thought you guys weren't going to come.

Carol: Well actually we lied, we all lied. This was all Brad's idea, he planned since that week that you guys visited us in Oklahoma.

Sandy: yea he wanted to surprise you

Carrie:(facing Brad) omg thank you. You don't even know how much this means to me. I love you babe.

She gave him a kiss.

Carrie: well everything is ready to start cooking. Y'all wanna help.

Driver: sorry to interrupt but where would you like me to leave your bags at.

Brad: here's fine. Let me help you.

Brad followed the driver to the car and grabbed the last bag.

Brad: thank you so much. Here's a tip.

Brad gave him $100 and went back inside. Carol and Sandy were helping Carrie cook while Stephan and Doug were talking to each other on the couch drinking a beer each, the kids were on the living room carpet playing with their Nintendo DS. Brad walked by the counter when Carrie caught his eyes. She shook her head to right saying to follow me.

Carrie: I'll be right back (to Carol and Sandy)

Brad followed her up the stairs to their bedroom. She sat at the end of the bed and padded the space next to her while looking at Brad. Brad sat where she padded and stared into her eyes. She grabbed his hand.

Carrie: Babe I'm so sorry for way I talked to you.

Brad: it's ok Care.. I shouldn't have pushed your buttons to much.

Carrie: why didn't you tell me that my parents and yours were going to come.

Brad: I wanted to surprise you. I know how much "family" means to you so when we were in Oklahoma I talked to your parents about maybe coming to our thanksgiving dinner. Then I told them that if you were to ask them to come, then they'll tell you that they couldn't make it. I told the same to my parents and it all worked out perfect.

Carrie: I love you so much!!

She gave him a hug and a kiss.

Brad: now lets go downstairs.

He grabbed her hand and they walked down the stairs towards the kitchen....