Ch19

Pic- the way the look at each other 😍😍

After they were all done eating they all helped Carol clean wash the dishes. After that Carol and Stephan went to their bedroom and took a nap. Brad and Carrie went to get ready for the day.

Brad: are you gonna shower??

Carrie: yea of course I am... Care to join 😳

Brad: gladly

They showered together and about a half hour later they came out. Carrie put on some dark blue jeans with a white/red baseball long sleeve t-shirt that read Brad Paisley.

Brad: you look great in that shirt😘

Brad wore blue levi jeans with a pair of boots and a Moonshine shirt. He grabbed his baseball hat and went downstairs. Carrie then came down and laid on the couch with her head on Brad's lap. They were waiting till Carol and Stephan came down. An hour later they finally came down. Brad gave Carrie a kiss and left with Stephan to go fishing while Carrie and her mom went into town to do some shopping. While shopping Carrie and her mother walked into a guitar shop. She wanted to surprise Brad with a gift, an acoustic guitar with a design that had Huck and Jasper face's spray painted onto it. The person there told her it would take an hour for it to be ready. So they went clothes shopping for Brad and herself because they didn't pack enough clothes to last the whole week. After they were dine they picked up the guitar and wrapped it. "I think I'm going to surprise him while we are all eating," Carrie said to her mother. They left the shop and headed to Whole Foods to by groceries for the picnic.
Forty minutes into fishing, Brad and Stephan had already caught about 15 fish which is enough for the picnic. "Hey Stephan can I ask you something??" Brad said.

Stephan: yea sure what do you have on your mind son

Brad: I was thinking for thanksgiving this year would it be good idea if you, Carol, and my parents comes and surprises Carrie??

Stephan: wow thats a great idea!! Yea sure Brad anything you and Carrie

Brad: The day before thanksgiving I'll fly you guys and my parents out to Franklin. I get you guys hotel rooms and then after thanksgiving dinner you all can stay with us for however long you guys desire. We have 3 guest rooms so don't worry about space.

Stephan: yea it all sounds perfect. Don't worry I won't tell Carrie

Brad: thanks it means a lot

Stephan: no problem Brad. I'm going to you something. When I first met I new there was something I didn't like of him. When I met you a couple years ago we enjoyed spending time with you. Carrie would always talk about you in a perfect way. Whenever she and Mike had fight she would call us. We would ask her where was she and she said she had gone with you because you always knew how to calm her down. So instantly we knew you were a great person. From Carol and me we love you as much as Carrie. We see how you treat her, like a if shes your queen. Me and Carol always talk about you and her.

Brad: I've always knew Carrie was special. She had brought something out of me that Kim never did. I loved it when we would find out we would be hosting again because I knew I was going to spend a lot of time with her. We would always text and call each other through out the year. We would have breakfast, lunch, and dinner whenever Mike and Kim were busy. I told her the other day that if I had to choose between my career and her I would always choose her. I love her so much. I want to raise that baby like its mine no matter if I'm not the dad.

Stephan: Brad if I had ever a son I would want him to be just like you.

Brad phone rang it was Blake

Blake: hey Brad we are about 20 minutes away from Muskogee. There's a truck stop there so we'll be there waiting for you

Brad: perfect Muskogee literally is 20 minutes from here. I'll leave right now. Bye.... Stephan I'm going to pick up Huck and Jasper, Care to join??

Stephan: yea sure

They left the fish in a bucket full of water and put them near the back door. They washed up and got on the truck and drove off.

Stephan: hey Brad what do your parents think of Carrie.

Brad: they love her. Carrie had met them a couple years ago. They talk a lot whenever they are together. There was this awkward moment last year. My parents were visiting for a week. It was an hour before dinner I was outside with Jasper when Carrie had called me.

Brad: hey whats wrong??

Carrie: hey!! Oh nothing wrong don't worry. Mike is in New York for a game and wont be back until next week. Um do you wanna come over for a movie night?? I've missed those nights.

Brad: Um actually my parents are here visiting. Kim and the kids are here too. Why don't you come over for dinner. We are about to eat in hour.

Carrie: sorry never mind it's family time at your place.

Brad: Carrie you are basically family, they love you and I love you. Come over they haven't seen you since last year.

Carrie: awe thanks Brad, i love you too. You sure i should come over.

Brad: yes come over

Carrie: ok I'll get ready and leave in a little bit.

Brad continued the story to Stephan.

Brad: as we were eating and talking. My parents wouldn't stop talking to Carrie and Carrie wouldn't stop talking to them either. I think my parents didn't notice Kim until Carrie left that night. That night my mom told me, " i wish Carrie was my daughter. She's so perfect I love her. Plus you needed a sister to keep you on check."
During the CMAs Kim was usually busy filming but at least she would make it to the awards show. Mike was in the middle of his season and usually had a week full of away game that week. And my parents always came to visit for that week so usually it was me, Carrie, and my parents eating together, having movie nights at my house, or they would watch the kids and Carrie and I would have our meeting or we would go to our annual dinner. Carrie and I would go to a restaurant the day after the awards every year. It was a tradition....