Ch 23

Video- still to this day I listen to it almost everyday. One of my favorites of all time.

Brad: (looking into Carrie's eyes) We didn't care if people stared
We'd make out in a crowd somewhere
Somebody tell us to get a room
It's hard to believe that was me and you
Now we keep saying that we're okay
But I don't want to settle for good not great
I miss the way it felt back then I wanna feel that way again
Been so long that you'd forget the way I used to kiss your neck

Carrie: Remind me, Remind me

They continued tell the song was over. Everybody clapped, and Brad gave Carrie a kiss on the forehead. Stephan and Carol were tired so they said bye first and went upstairs to their bedroom. Everybody else took all the dishes inside, cleaned a little and began to say bye. Carrie hugged Stephanie and Shanna.

Stephanie: you are so lucky girl... Having a guy like Brad.

Carrie: I know

They all hugged and then left. Brad and Carrie tucked in the kids in another guest room. They then left to their room.

Carrie: Pick me up cowboy.

Brad: of course

They arrived in their room and then changed into their pajamas. Brad then posted a picture of him with Carrie and her family on all of his social media sites. He added a caption: " had such a great time with Carrie and her family. Such great people, will always love them." Before she went to sleep she checked her phone. Other than notifications from Twitter, Facebook, instagram, emails from work, she had 4 new voicemails from a number she didn't recognize. She opened the voicemails... It was Mike;
"Are you serious Carrie, we divorce and you go running into Brad's arms. Just because Kim dies you saw an opportunity to get at him. Your such a whore!!
"Carrie I'm so sorry. I've missed you so much. Come back I'll promise I'll change. I love you."

She began to get tears, she then texted him back "We are over, Leave me alone!!!"
Brad noticed her in tears, he asked whats wrong? "Oh nothing. Lets just go to sleep." She then rested her head on his chest and fell asleep.
Brad woke up the next morning around 6. Carrie's phone kept vibrating, she was still sleeping. He then leaned over and grabbed it. There 6 messages from a number; "Carrie I'm sorry, I love you so much. Let me make this right. I was stupid back then but now I want to raise my baby.. Our baby...."
Brad didn't know what make of this. He thought to his head; "Really he now wants her back. Or was Carrie texting him the entire time they been here." He didn't know what to think, he didn't if he should be mad at Carrie or should he even blame her. He didn't want to go through her phone so he put it back and got of bed without waking her up. He went downstairs to the kitchen and noticed Stephan there reading the news on his IPad.

Stephan: Good morning son. Did you get a good sleep??

Brad: good morning!! Yea I did

Stephan: good! There some coffee in the pot. Help yourself

Brad poured himself a cup of coffee and sat in front of Stephan. They began having to have a conversation. About 30 minutes later he went back upstairs and went into the the shower.
He the got up and sat at the end of his bed putting on his boxer/socks. He heard a big yawn behind him. Then he felt her arms around his waist and her lips on his back. He loved it when she did those kind of things but he still wasn't in a good mood because of the texts he read.

Carrie: up so early babe

Brad: yea

Carrie: where are you headed to

Brad: no where

Carrie: lets all go to Dennys or Ihop for breakfast?? (Bitting his ear)

Brad: if you want

Brad got up and slid on his black jeans. Then putting on deodorant and one of his Moonshine Collection t-shirt. He grabbed a black leather jacket and his white cowboy hat. He then walked downstairs and opened the back door. He sat on the patio and stared into the trees neer the creek.
Carrie thought, "What was that?? Whats wrong with him? Did I do something?? He just left the room without a usual kiss or good bye.." She got up and showered, then changed into some dark blue jeans, a white long sleeve shirt, and some sandals. She did her makeup and checked the time on her phone. She had emails from work and 6 messages from Mike again.
"Wait did Brad see the texts??? Is that the reason why he is in a bad mood?? Oh my god why didn't I change my number right after I left him," she thought. She ran downstairs and looked for Brad. He wasn't there, " the truck.. Is it still here?" She asked herself. She checked the front and saw the truck still parked in the driveway. She opened the back door and saw him sitting on the patio. She felt relief that he hadn't left. She walked forward and sat beside him.

Carrie: (grabbing one of his hands and looking into his eyes) Babe whats wrong?
.............