🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 14.5 ʜᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ ʙᴇɢɪɴ

(A/n): Light editing done in this chapter.

------♔♕♔------

+* 8 years ago. *+

"Hey nii-chan..?"

(Y/n) was now sitting on her brother's bed as he did his homework on the study table. He looked up and turn his chair around so that he was facing his sister, "What's up?"

"While you were in school...I went to the hospital and the doctor said..."

"Looking at her condition, it's likely that the child will die a premature death before she's even 27."

"I don't understand...what does the doctor mean by that Nii-chan?" the girl asked curiously and her brother thought for a while. "While (N/n)...prema..." his voice trailed off as he processed what his sister said and his eyes widened in shock. "......oh! Look at the time (n/n). I think you should go and rest now." (B/n) said frantically as he turned back to his homework making his sister confuse.

Did she say something wrong?

She listened to her brother anyways and walked away from her brother's room, not noticing her brother not even moving his pencil at all.

------♔♕♔------

(Y/n) is now 12. She was finally allowed to go to school...not without her medical collar though. She knew.

She knew about her condition...how serious it is...

"Have you heard? The 7th wonder!..."

(Y/n) froze, hearing the two girls talking...she heard of this...7th wonder. Apparently, she grants you your wish for a price...

'I guess I can give it a try.'

------♔♕♔------

Knocking on the door and following the rest of the steps to summon the toilet ghost, (Y/n) waited...

and waited...

but nothing.

She sighed and leaned against the third stall before slowly sliding down. "I should have known......it's just a rumor anyway..." she laughed sadly. Feeling tears roll down her cheeks, she wiped it away and take in a deep breath.

"It's okay..."

She looked in the mirror and gave herself a comforting smile before glancing at the third stall once again. "It was worth trying to wish for a cure..." (Y/n) mumbled before walking out. As soon as she was far away, the third stall bathroom clicked open and a young boy glanced out.