Infinite X Captured!Reader - @S1ncerely_Me

The cell was dark and grimy, water dripped off in the distance, a continuous sound that would drive anyone crazy over time. Hardly any light seeped through the tinted window above the cell, what light did manage to sneak in was snuffed out by mould and dirt. Little critters scattered across the floor, ducking into hidey holes and cracks in the walls.

This was no place for... Well anyone. And yet someone laid in that dark and grimy cell, a (f/c) (a/t) on her side, grumbling and staring at the wall adjacent the bars.

But where was this cell she was trapped in? In one of Doctor Eggman's hidden jails. Yep, the (a/t) had been caught by one of the evil doctor's goonies and held captive while the war she was fighting for continued on without her.

The war had been going on for months, the (a/t) having joined the Resistance to fight back against Eggman and his evil allies. They had defeated Sonic and things got serious. Many people have died to this war, and the (a/t) would have accepted a death fighting on the battlefield. But no, here she was in a cell, rotting away, unable to help or die an honourable death.

A door down the hallway squeaked at it was pushed open and the (a/t) mentally rolled her eyes. Just what she wanted, another daily visit from her captor. A black jackal made his way down the long hallway, his shoes clicking on the filthy metallic flooring, and he stopped outside the cage.

"You haven't eaten your food." He said in a deep voice, the sound of the cell door being opened made the (a/t)'s ears twitch.

She didn't respond as he walked over, picking up the plate covered in stale food, and placing a new one down. The (a/t) didn't move, she stayed laying and staring at the wall. This was the only thing she could do now, since yelling and demanding to be set free didn't work. If they won't listen to her, she won't listen to them. And if not eating food meant they wouldn't get their answers, then so be it.

The black jackal watched her, letting out a huff as he stepped out of the jailcell and closed the door. He placed the older plate down on a small table across from the cell and leant against the bars,

"You really think starving yourself to death is going to accomplish anything?" His deep voice asked, and the girl closed her eyes, "We still have Sonic you know, Eggman has taken over 80% of the world. The Resistance are in hiding, we have many others locked away."

The (a/t) ignored him, she wouldn't believe his lies. There were no other living creatures in this jail block, unless every other captive had their own building of solitude, or unless they specifically isolated the (a/t), hardly a word of what he said was true. Sonic had been captured, but the Resistance hadn't given up hope, there was no possible way Eggman nearly controlled the whole world.

And there was no way they had kidnapped others, not a lot of others anyway. The (a/t) had been a fluke, the one time she wasn't on guard and this jackal managed to come in and knock her out. She couldn't remember much after that, just darkness and then being in this cold, stinky room. But to think this evil Mobian could have kidnapped others...

"Will you let them go if I tell you everything?" The (a/t) asked, feeling defeated at this point. If other lives were in danger now... She'd have to cave. And all she could hope was that the Resistance would be prepared...

The jackal's ears perked to her question, and he knelt down to her level, "You're willing to talk?"

"If it means saving the others. Yes." The (a/t) glared at him, "But I want information from you as well. Why are you helping Eggman? He's a madman."

"Alright, fair is fair." He said, opening the cell once again and stepping inside. He crouched in front of the girl again, his mask shining in the few stray beams of light, "I'm working with Eggman, because I crave the destruction of the world. I had nowhere to start, and after I infiltrated his base, he captured me and offered me a job with him. He had a plan, and I was the key to start the ignition."