Werehog!Silver X Reader

The moon was high in the sky, a perfect disk that seemed to illuminate brighter than it ever had before. A (a/t) walked through the forest, gazing up at the white disk in awe. Her (f/c) shone in the light glow, making her look almost mystical as she strolled.

This (a/t) was a big lover of the moon, it had fascinated her for years, and every full moon she would find a place to sit and watch it as long as she could. She didn't know why she was drawn to the moon, maybe it was the peacefulness that followed it, the silence of the night, or just it's amazing glow.

Either way, the (a/t) was mesmerised. Tonight, she decided would be a good night to sit out under the stars and watch it, until she fell asleep. She had brought with her a pillow and enough food and water if she got hungry.

However, she wasn't sure if this would be enough. This was her first time staying in the forest, and she was taking it as it happened. That way she could learn if she ever wanted to do this again.

Finding a small clearing, she climbed onto a smooth rock and set up her little camp. A pillow, bottle of water and some light snacks. A perfect little set-up for the perfect night.

She smiled to herself, before turning her gaze to the sky. The loneliness was welcomed along with the silence, giving her a break from the loud noises and bright lights of the city. The many people that walked the streets. She needed a break like this for a while.

But as she watched the sky, taking in every little star that surrounded the bright moon, the (a/t) couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. She could hear something moving in the trees, just out of the moons light, and she wondered if camping alone in the forest was really a good idea.

She had never really thought of the dangers that lurked beyond the trees. If a wild wolf or bear decided to attack, she'd be as good as dead...

However, whatever was watching her never emerged, so the (a/t) brushed it off, assuming it was a deer or some other harmless creature. She went back to watching the moon, her short/long tail wagging slowly yet happily.

The peacefulness settled over her once again and she closed her eyes, letting out a long sigh. Even just sitting under the light of the moon was enough to relax her.

A twig snapped and she jumped, her fur standing on end as she opened her eyes. Bright gold hues stared back at her, inches from her face, and the (a/t) screamed, falling off the rock. The figure's shadow loomed over her, standing tall as the creature stared down at the startled (a/t).

It's nose twitched and it leant forward, "Hey, are you alright?"

The creature's voice was husky, sounding like it had a sore throat. It tilted it's head in question, it's large ears flopping to the side, "You really shouldn't be alone out here, it's dangerous."

"You.. Don't say..." The (a/t) groaned, holding her head. She looked up at the creature, taking in it's tall form, it's wide build, and it's oddly shaped quills, blinking in shock, "Are you.. Some sort of wolf?"

The creature huffed, "A werehog..."

"Werehog..?"

"Yeah. I'm Silver, Silver the.. Normally hedgehog." He stated with a shrug, before sitting down.

"Hedgehog huh? So you're like a werewolf?"

"Werehog. I did just say that."

"Yeah but... Werewolves are more common."

"In humans..."

"Right right..." The (a/t) sighed, still rubbing her head, "God.. I think I nearly had a heart attack.. How did you sneak up without me hearing?"

"How else do you hunt?" The werehog scratched his ear, "Not that I was hunting you..."

"Very comforting..." She grumbled with a sigh, "Why are you here? I was happily alone until you showed up."

The werehog huffed, shrugging once again, "It's dangerous out here. Being by yourself and with nothing to protect you, you would have been killed."

"Would have or could have? There is a very big difference."

"I just want to make sure you'll be safe."

"Well.. Thanks but if I need to I can always bring a weapon with me..." The (a/t) huffed, crossing her arms. She was a little annoyed her alone time was disrupted. But who could blame her?

"Why are you out here anyway?" Silver asked, tilting his head again, "It's so dangerous... You'd have to be crazy to risk your life for whatever it is.."

She shrugged, before looking up at the sky, "My obsessions tend to get me into trouble..."

"So you're a fan of the moon to huh?" The werehog smiled, "Be careful. You may end up like me if that is the case."

"What do you mean?"

"Well I love watching the moon as well, in fact I would do similar things like what you are doing, but in the safety of my home. Or.. House.. I can't call it my home..."

The (a/t) blinked, already quiet a few questions were running through her head. What happened to him? Why can't he call his home 'home'? Who the hell was this guy anyway?

"Care to explain..?" The (a/t) finally said.

Silver's gold orbs stared at the (a/t), "I will... But can I have your name first?"

"I don't give my name out to strangers."

"But I told you mine..."

"That was your choice..."

The wolf-like creature sighed, "Right well... I loved the moon, watched it as much as I could. You see, where I'm from, you could never see the moon. There was always smoke in the sky. I didn't know the sky was even blue..."

The girl's ears lowered slightly, that sounded horrible. Where was this guy from?

"Anyway... The moon gives me peace, so I wished to always be able to watch it and now, every full moon I turn into this."

"Oh... That's horrible..."

He frowned slightly, "I mean, I get to watch the moon, so it's not all bad."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you." She sighed, "Just.. Most people don't like being... Like this."

"Yeah well hunting is never fun, and a lot of people are scared of you. But that doesn't matter too much I guess. I like being part wolf anyway."

"Well that's a good thing.." The (a/t) smiled, "Oh, and I guess I can tell you my name now. It's (Y/N)."

"(Y/N) huh? That's a pretty cool name."

"Thanks. Now... Can I have my peace please?"

The werehog sighed, standing slowly, "If that's what you want... But I'll hang around just to make sure you're safe."

"Fine fine." She waved her hand, "And thanks I guess..."

"No problem." He gave the thumbs up, before running back into the trees.

(Y/N) sighed, not entirely sure what just happened. Sitting on the rock again, she stared back up towards the sky. The moon was at it's highest point, glowing it's brightest, and the (a/t) let out a small yawn.

Laying back onto her pillow, she watched the sky, however her mind drifted to the silver werehog who had spoke of having a similar love. It was strange, (Y/N) had never come across anyone who loved the moon as much as she did, maybe even more. A small smile spread on her muzzle. What if she just made a new friend?