Sonic X Reader (The Big Day)

I'm baaaack! :3 Enjoy!!!

It was a clear, windy day on the beaches of Mobius. The sand moved across the land smoothly, making it look as if the ground was moving below everyone's feet. Fur and feathers had been ruffled in the mix of the wind, though no one complained.

You see, today was a big day, for both Mobius, and it's hero.

Sonic the Hedgehog, the fastest thing alive, the Blue Blur, was getting married. Or hitched, as his friends jokingly said.

He currently stood at an altar, the silver metal twisted into an arch and placed on the flowing sand. White roses, lilies, tulips, and other exotic flowers had been strung throughout the metal framework, standing out against the yellow and blue scenery.

The chairs had surprisingly not sunk into the sand, though the blue hedgehog had to thank his younger brother for that. Tails, a yellow fox, had designed the seats so they wouldn't sink or become uneven. True to the theme, he had made them white with a light, slightly transparent cloth covering them. The little fox was very proud of it, especially since everyone seemed comfortable.

However there was an awkward silence. The bride had not arrived, neither had any of the bridesmaids. Sonic was nervous as he stood under the flowery archway, tapping his foot quickly in the sand and covering his popular red sneakers in sand.

"Easy Sonic, you know it's tradition for the bride to be late." Vector, a green crocodile called out from the small crowd of friends. His teammates, Espio and Charmy both chuckled slightly. Everyone knew Sonic, he wasn't one for being late or taking his time.

"I know I know." The hedgehog scratched his blue quills, "Can you blame me though?"

"Yes." Shadow said, his arms crossed. The crowd let out another chuckle.

"It's okay Sonic, she'll be here soon." Tails said from his side, smiling up at his big brother, "We know (Y/N), she'll be here soon."

"I know buddy." The other smiled, patting him on the head, "I'm glad you're my best man, you know how to keep me cool."

"True dat." The kitsune chuckled.

Meanwhile, a (f/c) (a/t) was currently pacing back and forth, her hair pulled back into a bun, with a few strands resting on her shoulders. She wore a white mermaid gown, the bottom of the dress covered in sparkles and small silver jewels. It dragged behind her as she paced, and she felt sick to her stomach.

"What if I fall over?" She mumbled to herself, "Will the sand ruin the dress? What if it starts to rain? The flowers aren't here yet... I'm going to be late!"

A pink hedgehog sat, finishing her make-up. She looked up to the bride to be and offered a smile,

"Everything will be fine (Y/N)." She said, "The flowers are on their way, your dress will survive and I reassure you, you won't fall over."

"How do you know that? I could become the laughing stock on what's meant to be the best day of my life."

"Because, as much as everyone thinks Tails only designed the chairs, the little liar wasn't able to keep his secret from me." She stood, dusting off her light blue dress, "The chairs are simple white chairs he bought from some fancy furniture store. Do you know how he's made them 'unsinkable'?"

"H-How...?"

"He created a platform, it's under the sand. So you won't sink."

A slight ease spread over the (a/t), enough for her shoulders to sag.

"And the flowers...?"

"They just arrived." The hedgehog walked over to the door, opening it. A young boy dressed in a black suit was holding the beautiful bouquet, his short white hair contrasted with the suit, but made his pale skin seem... Paler.