Sonic X Reader (Helicopter Parents - Part 2)

You were so nervous, there was nothing else to it. After you told your parents about your relationship with the Hero of Mobius, they were furious, they even threatened to stop your study, hoping you'd leave the hedgehog in hopes for a bright future. As if your future wouldn't be bright without him.

They even tried to take your phone away to stop all contact from him. Sadly, you had to lie to them just to keep it, telling them it had been smashed in a battle with the hedgehog.

That didn't really help the situation much.

Sonic had come over that same night, having not heard from you he was worried something had happened, and he promised you he would make it right.

But this isn't what you thought he meant.

Your anxiety was high, it was hard to breathe. You felt sick, and the (f/c) dress you wore felt tight, the room seemed lighter than it was. And the noise was painfully loud.

But you had to do this, you had to be here.

But man, this isn't what you thought you first dinner with your parents and boyfriend would be like. In fact, you had never thought about what it would be like, considering your parent's protectiveness.

Your blue boyfriend had reached out to them the day after you told them of your secret life, he wished to meet them and prove he wasn't as bad as they feared. The blue blur had even gone ahead and scheduled a dinner for the four of you; you were just lucky your parents were kind and accepting of the free dinner.

But now that you were here, it felt like more of an interview than a dinner. You sat next to Sonic, your eyes trained on your glass of water, while you parents sent daggers at him. The hedgehog sat proudly next to you, he wouldn't let your overly protective parents get to him, he already knew what to expect.

"Do you-"

"Being a hero pays a lot more than people would think." Sonic cut off your father, you'd already rehearsed what your parents would ask.

"How do you get the money?" You father asked again, slower this time. He never took his (e/c) eyes off the hedgehog.

Sonic shrugged, taking a sip from his glass, "I don't take if that's what you're asking. The house I'm in was built from scratch by my brother."

"You have a brother?"

"The smartest guy on Mobius. He's a bit of a scientist, he creates a lot of cool gadgets to keep myself and my friends safe when in battle." The hedgehog wrapped an arm around you.

Your father glared more, watching his hand rest on your shoulder, and you shrunk into the hedgehog's side. Sonic didn't seem phased, but you wished the ground would swallow you up. This was the very thing you had worried about since you started dating the hedgehog.

"And... These battles..." Your mother piped up, "How often do they happen?"

"Villains never rest, so us heroes are always on our feet. Some days are quiet, Eggman at least respects holidays enough to not attack the day before or after." Sonic flashed a smile, "It's a good workout really, keeps us in shape."

"How dangerous are they?" Your mother covered her mouth, looking a little pale. Her eyes darted to you, but she quickly flicked back to the hedgehog, "What sort of injuries do you face?"

"Not many actually. Only occasionally do we get a serious injury, and it's normally me." The blue Mobian let out a chuckle, "I am the primary target after all."

Good, he was using 'big' words. You'd told him that your parents thought poorly of a hero's smarts, since they fight so often and get beat around, it would have knocked a few screws loose. Their words, not yours.