Study Date? (Espio X Reader) - @8BlackSkull8

The highschool hallways were bustling with students, many of them were seniors fretting over the upcoming exams. Some sat in the hallway against their lockers, reading notes and textbooks in a haste, others rushing off to their classes, some were going for lunch, and at least two crying in a corner somewhere.

Exam season was brutal. And that was no different for (Y/N) the (a/t), another senior that had to worry about the upcoming exams. She was currently rushing through the hallways, hugging books to her chest.

She pushed her way past other students, stepping outside into the real world. The sun burnt down on her as she hurried along the pathway, the sky was clear of any clouds. (Y/N) wiped her forehead as she came up to another building, pushing on one of the two glass doors. It was the library, books lined the walls and a few shelves at the back, the front had long tables that were full of students; one wall had computers that were all in use.

Every senior had to be here, had to be preparing for the exams, had to be under such stress that the (a/t) noticed multiple cups of dark liquid next to at least half of the students. She bit her lip, searching the area for a place to sit. The tables were full, there was no room for her. She made her way towards the bookshelves, seeing the back wall had students sitting against it, their laptops plugged into the walls. There was no room there.

The girl huffed, making her way to the far-left corner of the building. Surely not every space was taken, surely, she could find somewhere to sit, even if it was next to a complete stranger, so she could study in peace.

The left corner was nearly empty, the only Mobian that sat there was a purple chameleon who looked to be deep in a novel. His eyes darted back and fourth across the page, unaware of the stress filled building that surrounded him. The (a/t) takes a breath, before walking over to him and hugging her books tighter to her chest,

"Um... Excuse me...?" The chameleon seemed to freeze at her voice, he lifted his head to her,

"Yes?" He asked, surprised someone was talking with him.

"Could I... Sit here?" (Y/N) asked, "Everywhere else is full."

The chameleon nodded, shifting over slightly, "Of course."

"Thank you, you're very kind." The (a/t) smiled and took her seat next to him. He nodded and get back to reading, however this time he was clearly reading slower. She shrugged and placed her books down, grabbing the one on top. Time to dive into study.

10 minutes passed and the (a/t) was still staring at the title of the first page. Her brain at stopped working, she couldn't take any of the information in, she didn't know what to do. Her eyes just stared at this thick textbook while her mind whirred on the fact that the exams were in a few weeks.

The purple chameleon noticed his companies' blank stare, he glanced over at her and placed his novel down, clearing his throat. The girl jumped and glanced at him, tilting her head at him,

"Sorry, was I disrupting you?" She asked, and she shook his head.

"Are you alright?" He leant on his hand, "So seem a little out of this world."

She sighed, giving a weak shrug, "I don't know... How are you so calm right now? Exams are soon."

The chameleon then turned to his novel, picking it up. He weighed it slightly, as if wondering if he should speak. (Y/N) leant closer to him, as if he was going to whisper whatever he was about to say. His entire demeaner was so relaxed, it was as if he wasn't stressed at all.

"I've done all the study I can, I feel prepared so I don't need to worry." He said. The girl nodded slowly, envious of the one person in this entire school that seemed on top of it all. He then turned to her and read her textbook,