Knuckles X Pregnant!Reader - @Kazziewazzie

"What do you mean you're pregnant?!" A red echidna yelled, his eyes were wide, and he seemed really pale.

The day had once been quiet, but now a certain floating island known as Angel Island was full of yelling. Knuckles the Echidna and (Y/N) the (A/t) had gotten into a bit of a spiff about something that was... Not entirely expected.

"I mean I'm going to have a baby!" A (f/c) (a/t) yelled back, arms crossed and tapping her foot, "What is so hard to understand in that sentence?"

You see, the two are dating, which surprised everyone since they fight a lot, but it was normally fun fighting that they knew wouldn't matter the next day. They had been dating for a while now and had decided to... Take another step.

Not surprisingly, Knuckles is a little behind in his sex ED classes, which has now landed (Y/N) a little pregnant. Neither were expecting it and the surprise has, well... Started another fight.

"The fact that you're pregnant! It was only one time!" Knuckles huffed, crossing his arms.

"And that's all it takes!" (Y/N) shouted, clearly annoyed at him.

"Well if I knew that I wouldn't have done it!"

The (a/t) froze, glaring at him, what felt like ice stabbed at her chest as his words circled in her head, "You wouldn't have huh...?"

"No... I'm not exactly thrilled about this..." The echidna stated bluntly, and (Y/N)'s ears lowered slightly.

"Well it's not my fault.." She huffed, turning away from him, "I did ask if you were taking precautions."

"And I thought you meant locking the door."

"Why would you need to do that?! No one is just going to barge into your house let alone your room! You live on a fucking island!"

"Well sorry I was worried Shadow or Sonic would find a way up here and need help with some Eggman bullshit." Knuckles grunted, "No, if I knew this would happen I wouldn't have done it."

Tears stung the (a/t)'s eyes, the least she was hoping was for him to be supportive. However she seemed to be getting quiet the opposite. She frowned and rubbed her head, how could he even think of saying that. She thought he would have been... Different.

"And if I had known you'd acted this way... I wouldn't have dated you." She finally managed to speak.

Knuckles glanced at her, raising a brow, "You don't mean that..."

"And neither do you?!" She turned back to him, her muzzle red in anger, "How do you think I feel about this?! I'm the one that's going to be having the baby, you could easily walk away and just... Forget it..."

"I..." He stopped, confused as to why his girlfriend was acting so strange, "I don't want to walk away..."

"Well that's what it sounds like..." She wiped her eyes, "I was hoping... I know we didn't plan it, I know you didn't want it but... I thought you should have known... I thought you would have... Been nicer..."

The red echidna stared at her, of course he would be angry, this was more stress added to his daily life, he didn't exactly have time for puggles or pups or whatever this would create. But he frowned as he watched (Y/N) sniff, wiping her muzzle, she really was upset.

"I know you didn't ask for it..." She continued, "But I don't... I don't want to go through it alone... I don't want to be a single mother... I don't even have a job... I really need your help... I didn't want this either, it was a mistake but... Well now we know... And, saying you wouldn't have done it... Really hurts..."