Pillow Forts (Silver X Reader)

Happy Holidays everyone :) glad to be sharing the final short story of the year with you all on this special day (it's Christmas rn in Australia, or if you celebrate another holiday, that one ^^) Enjoy the final story, and stay tuned for the fuck-ton of info about my hiatus at the end (it's kinda important, sorry to be a bore ^^')

Warning: Mild Gore

Crows circled the dull, blue sky, fluffy white clouds speckled it, dared to promise for a better day. If the city weren't a warzone, then maybe today would have been nice, would have been beautiful. But after the bomb that went off in the middle of town square, the bomb that flattened the middle of the large city and brought down some of the skyscrapers and homes of the innocent? There was no possibility for a beautiful day.

Dust still plagued the sky, turning the once vibrant blue into the bland looking sky it is today. The crows stood out against the boring colour; their feathers held no shine as the dust coated them too. The entire city had been coated in it, dust and dirt, debris from the explosion. No one could be seen in the now very empty city square, no one could be seen anywhere.

Most had fled the city in hopes of finding safety elsewhere, the few that stayed, only stayed because they were injured from the blast, or suffering serious side effects from the radiation. Some had gone blind or deaf from the attack, some had lost limbs, eyes, ears. It was a rather gruesome scene for anyone that stayed, seeing people standing still in their homes with bleeding eyes and noses, still trying to process what happened.

If that wasn't traumatising enough, then walking past the fallen buildings was sure to give you nightmares. If you looked close enough, you could see the bodies or limbs of people in the rubble, innocent people who had simply been working in their normal lives.

No one knew it was going to happen, no one could have called it.

Not even (Y/N) the (a/t), or her closest friend Silver the Hedgehog. The two were from the future, having travelled back in time to try and find out what was going to be the cause of their worlds destruction. They weren't expecting to be a part of such a catastrophe, let alone witness it. But the two were here now, stuck in this town with no other option, for the (f/c) (a/t) had suffered a broken leg, and the silver hedgehog a light head injury; he couldn't use his telekinesis for long and she couldn't walk until her leg was better.

The two had taken refuge in one of the many abandoned houses, Silver scavenging food for the two while he looked after the (a/t) and himself. Luckily for him, his head injury hadn't greatly affected his ability to function, unlike a few of the residing residence. He'd seen one person who had a large gash across their forehead and down to their temple, large enough to be sickly and needing far too many stitches; the person only stood and stared into the sky, unresponsive to most conversation as blood dripped down their face.

Silver hoped they were okay, as he'd had to leave the person on the other side of town when he'd been searching for food and couldn't take another injured person into his care. Considering the damage, he wasn't sure if he could have done anything at all, plus he was only focused on getting (Y/N) healed so they could do something about this horrific place.

They had arrived just before the events that doomed their time, and all the two knew was that some mad scientist doctor had gone on a rampage with nuclear weapons. It apparently wasn't the evil villain's 'style', said the article they managed to find in their time, and all the radiation from the explosions affected him and lead him to his untimely death.

The Mobians that had survived went into hiding, killing off or ditching the ones that had been affected badly by radiation. Those that were in top health -as top health as you can get after a nuclear explosion- were to distance themselves from the dangerously radiation-dripping in hopes to save the Mobian race, and as many species in that race as they could.