Knuckles x Mischievous!Reader - @VixaFox

Knuckles the Echidna was sitting on the pedestal that homed the Master Emerald, eyes closed as he listened to the sound of nature surrounding him; noting the lack of danger for once. He was chewing on a piece of grass, letting out a yawn of boredom. The burden being a guardian brought was tiring, even when at its lowest point.

The only major threat he had on days like these was (Y/N), the spunky (a/t) that would go out of her way to make sure the echidna had no peace. She hadn't made an appearance today, but the red Mobian knew better than to let his guard down. She'd show up when he least expected it; so always expecting it should keep her away.

Should.

He let out another yawn, stretching his arms as he closed his eyes. Sometimes he didn't mind the (a/t)'s antics, it entertained him and kept him busy; but other times, it was annoying and distracting. It really depended on the kind of day it was. And he'd never know until the girl was right under his nose.

Just like she was when he opened his eyes.

"Hey Knuckles!" (Y/N) smiled wide, her tail wagging quickly behind her. The echidna jumped, not expecting the girl to just appear out of nowhere. How did she do that?

"Hey (Y/N)." The echidna let out a sigh, relaxing once the girl climbed off him, "What are you up to?"

"Oh nothing, you?" She tilted her head, before chuckling, "Oh right, never mind."

"Classy." Knuckles huffed, raising his purple gaze to hers, "Don't you have anything better to do?"

"Nope!" She said, probably too confidently, and the echidna saw a flash of the annoying blue blur in her pose.

"You're hanging out with Sonic way too much." He huffed, crossing his arms, "You're starting to sound like him."

"What? Jealous?" The girl asked, raising a brow and leaning down to the other; she poked his nose, tilting her head the other way, "Don't tell me Knuckles the Guardian of the Master Emerald is jealous of Sonic, the Hero of Mobius. God he'd never let you hear the end of that."

"Why are you here this time (Y/N)?" Knuckles asked again, already growing impatient.

"Oof, so rude." The (a/t) sat next to him, leaning an arm on his shoulder, "But you know me so well..."

She leant up to the side of his head, nuzzling against his quills. The echidna couldn't stop the blush from appearing on his cheeks, but he could manage a grumble as he turned his head away; he hated how bashful he would get with this girl. She was a weakness to him.

"Then tell me what you're up to." The echidna said next, trying to keep his voice low and serious, "What do you want with the Master Emerald?"

"Why would you assume I'm after the big ole M.E.? Now you're just jumping to conclusions." She chuckled lightly, running a finger under his muzzle, "No, I'm actually here because Sonic said he needed you for something, something important."

"Important? Then why didn't you say it straight away?" Knuckles blinked at her, before jumping to his feet, "What does he need?"

"Just a big strong echidna to do some heavy lifting, maybe moving some bots out of the city. It's under attack you know and ohhhh boy it's a mess." The (a/t) leant back on the shiny green emerald, flashing a smile up at the other, "It's urgent, so I'll stay here and watch this bad boy, while you go do your super cool hero thing."

The red echidna froze, turning his purple gaze back down to her; his eyes narrowed and a frown pulled at his muzzle,

"This is a trick isn't it? You just want me away from the emerald."