Chapter 20

Chapter 20

*Zayn's POV*

It had been five hours and the moon was already shinning in the sky. I sat in a chair in the waiting room, Niall sitting on my left and no one on my right. Every time a doctor would walk out of the door, I'd get my hopes up that they had news on Harry. Sadly, no one came looking for us. Why did I have to be so stupid? Why did I have to let my emotions get the best of me? Oh yeah that's right, it's because you are in love with her. My heart started racing as I thought about what I did to her. Why would I do such a thing?

"What mate?" Niall asked looking at me. I furrowed my brows at him. "You asked why would you do such a thing. What were you talking about?"

Talking aloud.

Great. That's just peachy!

"Nothing Niall." I said as I got up and marched straight through the exit door of the hospital. I needed fresh air. I needed to clear my mind. The past two weeks were just a big blur. A very big blur. I mean what kind of friend rapes and beats you? "Apparently me," I whispered out loud. My phone started to ring, so my right hand dug in my pants pocket until I found it and got it out.

Gemma.

Shit.

I sighed, and clicked the answer button. "Hey," I said like nothing was wrong with me.

"How's Ris and Harry?" Her voice was very boss like, and it scared me. What should I tell her? The truth? A lie? Well let's weigh the options.

If I tell the truth, then she'll probably try to kill Ris, and then Harry.

If I tell her a lie, then Sharissa and Harry will live for a little while longer.

"And trust me. I know when you're lying, so you mize well just tell the truth." Anger boiled inside of me.

"You wanna know the truth Gemma?! Well fine! I'll tell you the damn truth! Sharissa escaped, and then three days later she helped Harry escape! I let her escape with Harry because I love her that's why. I couldn't stand to do this to her anymore. I'm done with your little schemes with wanting her dead." With that I hung up. I couldn't stand to have someone yell at me about this situation.

"Zayn?" A faint voice whispered.

"Leave me alone," I yelled, starting to walk away but whoever it was grabbed my arm lightly. Without thinking I turned around forcefully, and I smacked the person in the face. "Leave me a-"

"I thought you promised not to hurt me anymore!" Sharissa cried, and she got off the ground and started to back away.

"Ris, I-"

"Save it," she cried out, running back into the hospital. It felt like the anger that was boiling inside of me boiled over the edge. I let out a scream, and pulled at my hair. Why did I always do this? Why did I always hurt everyone?

*Sharissa's POV*

His hand struck my face causing me to let out a squeal, and to fall to the ground. Heat flushed to my cheek, and the shortly after the pain came. "Leave me a-"

"I thought you promised not to hurt me anymore," I yelled while crying. Tears streamed down my face constantly as I pushed myself off the ground, and started to back up. Zayn looked like he was sorry. Honestly I didn't know what to believe.

"Ris I-"

"Save it." I spat out, but it sounded like I cried out. My feet carried me back into the hospital, and I noticed that Niall and Liam were asleep. I decided to wipe my tears away, and sit by Niall. Louis had left earlier to go talk to Simon, so he left Liam in charge of me. So far, he wasn't doing a very good job.