Chapter 2

Chapter 2

     I woke up to Harry getting out of bed. "Harry," I mumbled sleepily. Harry let out a breath, and walked back to me. He rubbed a hand over my head, moving hair out of my eyes. When I took a breath, my chest felt so heavy. "Harry, get off of me."

     "What are you talking about? I'm not on you." I opened my eyes to see Harry furrowing his brows at me. "Babe are you alright?" I tried to take another breath, but my chest still felt heavy. "Babe answer me. Are you okay?"

     "I don't know," I choked out. Harry's eyes scanned my face.

     Harry reached for my cell phone, and dialled a number. "Hey Liam. Can you and Danielle come watch the kids? I gotta take Sharissa to the hospital. I don't know. She's having trouble breathing. They're asleep, so if they ask where we are, don't tell them. I'll tell them when we get home. Okay thanks Liam." He hung up, and picked me up like he usually does; bridal style. "Hold on babe." He kissed my forehead, sitting me on the edge of the bed. Harry walked over to the closet grabbing some clothes. "Put these on." He tossed them on my lap.

     I took my shirt off, still having trouble breathing, and pulled the black tank top on. Harry didn't have time to watch me, because he was to busy pacing on the floor. "Sing to me," I whispered pulling my holey jeans on. "Harry sing to me," I whispered again, standing up. Harry walked over to me, picking my up like he did before.

     "Have you ever seen, a prairie wind, make a wave on a wheat field bringing needed rain? Have you ever seen a mama stop a baby's cry with just the touch and a whisper of his name? When she looks at me, that's what I see!" A smile appeared on my face. "She's beautiful like that! Like winter rose, snow on the ground. I was blessed the day I found her. I'm one lucky man. The more I know, the more I need her. The more I love, the more I see her heart is a shinning star. She's beautiful like that." Harry knew that that was my favorite song. Well my only favorite country song.

     By now, we were in the car heading to the hospital. My breaths were becoming shorter, the heaviness on my chest more heavy. It felt like someone was pressing on my chest. "Harry, can you sing again?" Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Harry nod. Harry grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers. Smiling, I looked over at Harry, who had a very worried look on his face.

     "Shut the door. Turn the light off. I wanna be with you. I wanna feel your love. I wanna lay beside you, I cannot hid this, even though I try," Harry sung the words softly, drawing circles on my hand. "Heart beats harder, time escapes me. Trembling hands touch skin. It makes this harder. And the tears stream down my face." I squeezed Harry's hand for reassurance. "If we could only have this life for one more day. If we could only turn back time. You know I'll be, your life. Your voice. Your reason to be, my love. My heart is breathing for this moment, in time. I'll find the words to say. Before you leave me today."

     "Harry, I'm sure it's nothing. It's probably a bug or something," I reassured.

     "I hope that's all it is." I gave Harry a smile, taking another short breath. Harry parked, walking over to my side, and opening my door. "Carry or walk?"

     "Walk." He nodded, helping me out. I shut the door, as Harry wrapped a protective arm around me. There weren't many cars parked in the patent parking. Maybe we didn't have to wait that long. Harry and I walked into the hospital. Everyone seemed to stop what they were doing and stare.

     He walked over to the check in counter, as I looked around the waiting room. There was about three people waiting. One familiar face looked at me with a smirk. His familiar black hair that somewhat covered his piercing green eyes. I shivered, looking away. Great. My ex was here. Harry lead me to a seat that was somewhat close to Edward. "I heard you got shot." I looked up at Edward, who had a sympathetic look on his face. I knew it was fake.