Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Well? What?" I asked concerned.

"I lied about knowing who the shooter was." I furrowed my brows. "In a way."

"Then who was it?" I asked concerned.

"Promise me you won't tell anyone? He paid me to keep my mouth shut." I furrowed my brows, my heart starting to race. Could it've been Harry? I mean he has been acting strange...

"I promise," I replied trying not to give off that I was nervous.

"It was Louis. He paid me to shoot you. He told me if I killed you and the kids, that he'll pay me a million bucks. I didn't have any money, and a million bucks sounded amazing at the time." Tears formed in his eyes, but they didn't fall. "The pain from losing you made me crazy. I was confused on what to do. If I was smarter I wouldn't have done it." By now he was crying, and I was speechless. "I'm sorry."

"Louis did this?" Edward nodded, wiping his falling tears. "Edward it's ok-"

"No it's not! Ris, I loved you. I shouldn't have done it! If I didn't, just think about how we would be now! We could've been better friends. We wouldn't have fought! Harry wouldn't hate me as much! Don't you see that?!" Edward asked me quietly. "Rissa, I'm always going to love you, but if friends is all we can be I'm okay with that. As long as I'll get to protect you, I'm good." He gave me a smile, and I returned it. I kissed his cheek, leaving his lap.

"Edward, the most we can be is friends. I'm sorry. I just don't think I can put Harry through anymore crap. I love him. I truly do. I ju-" I was cut off by my phones ringtone. Cautiously I answered it. "Hello?"

"Hello, is this Sharissa Styles?" The voice sounded deep, but plain.

"Uhm, may I ask who's calling?" By now Edward was standing up, looking at me concerned. I held one finger up, waiting for the unidentified person to reveal himself.

"Dr. Jaydall." I sighed, relieved. "I wanted to know if you could come to my office. You and Harry? This is important." I furrowed my brows.

"Uhm, sure. I'll see you in a little bit." With that, I hung up. "That was the doctor who had told me the news about Matt. He needs Harry and I to go to his office ASAP." I put my phone down, heading to the bedroom. Harry was sleeping peacefully, so I kissed his nose. It was the only way to wake him up without him getting mad at me.

"Ris," he mumbled.

"Come on. Dr. Jaydall needs to see us." He sat up, fixing his hair. "He said ASAP. I'm not getting dressed." Harry got up, standing in front of me. His cologne that he was wearing drifted to me, and I almost melted. He smiled, and kissed my forehead.

"Here. Wear this." He said, handing me his Jack Wills hoodie. I gave him a half smile, and put it on. "Do you know why he wanted to see us?" I shook my head, walking back into the living area. I noticed my tennis shoes laying by the door, so I grabbed them and slipped them on. Edward was sitting on the couch, watching me. I smiled at him, and he returned it. "Edward. Can you watch Darcy and James while we're gone?" Our eyes darted to Harry who was walking over to me.

"Sure."

"Thanks." With that Harry and I walked out of the tour bus, and towards the hospital. "What do you think he wanted," Harry asked as he took my hand in his.

"Not sure." I kept my eyes out for the hospital sign. "Could be anything really. What do you think it is?"

"Something about Matt." When I heard Harry say Matt's name, I broke down crying. "Ris, I'm sorry." Harry stopped and turned to face me. "Ris. Shh." He wrapped me in a hug, and I cried into his shoulder. "I shouldn't have said anything. I knew it'd make you upset. I'm sorry babe."

"He was so young! Why did he have to die!"

"I don't know babe. Things happen for a reason." He rubbed my back, knowing he had hurt me. "I'm sorry baby." He pulled away, and looked me in my eyes. "I miss him too. I really do. He was a good three year old." I sniffed, and whipped my tears away. "I love you."

"I love you too Haz." He smiled, and kissed my lips softly, and quickly. "Let's just go find out this news." He nodded, and we finished walking to the hospital.

Ten minutes later Haz and I were in Dr. Jaydall's office, waiting for him to appear. "No matter what the news is, I'll be here." I smiled, taking his hand in mine. The door opened, and I turned to see a familiar dark grey headed man.

"Ah! Sharissa and Harry! Nice to see you."

"Likewise," Harry answered. "You called us here for news or something?" Jaydall took a seat at his desk, folding his hands and looking at us.

"Ah, yes!" A smile appeared. "The last time you were here, you had gotten news of your sons death. Well, I have good news. The boy that was supposedly your son, wasn't your son. Matthew is alive, and healthy. The nurse assigned to him, must have grabbed the wrong three year old." My jaw dropped and I placed my free hand covered my mouth. Matt's...alive?!

"You mean, Matt's alive," Harry asked, looking at me.

"Yes, you can see him if you like!"

Harry and I exchanged a glance and replied, "Yes!" The doctor laughed, motioning for us to follow him. We passed a bunch of nurses dressed in the same color attire, and a bunch of rooms. None of them held Matt. Harry never let go of my hand, instead he held it tightly.

"Here we are! Room 1609." On the whiteboard that said the room number, the name MATTHEW STYLES was written there in a pretty blue. I opened the door and Matt looked at me with a smile. It was our son. Matt was alive.

_____________________________

Hey guys!! Here's the loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong awaited update!!

Comment and tell me what you think!! <3

And thank you for the prayers for my aunt! She got her results back, and it said she didn't have cancer. <3 :) but could you guys pray for another family for me? They go to my school, and they lost their father Friday, and the older boy is in critical condition. Just keep them in your prayers please. It'll mean a lot <3

Love you guys! DOF xx