Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I laid in my bed on the tour bus, my arm draped around a sleeping Darcy. She had been tired so she laid down with me. After what had happened everyone was acting strange.

It had been six days since the fire, but only five since my little three year old boy had died. Tears came to my eyes as I thought about my baby. He never deserved to die. Matt was so innocent, and everyone loved him.

"Mummy, can you sing to me?" Darcy asked, knocking my out of my thoughts. Her green eyes scanned my face waiting for an answer.

"Sure." She smiled, closing her eyes as I started singing her favorite song. "My Angel. How'd you get to be so fly? How'd you get to shine so bright? How'd you get to look like that? Heaven don't you call her back." She giggled as I tickled her side a little bit. "Halo, halo. I'm not saying hi. Baby there's a ring above your head, and it shines so bright in the sunlight. Yeah in the sunlight."

She jumped in along with me, her little voice ringing out just as powerful. "Halo, halo! This is like a dream! Every bit of you it makes me weak. How did I get here in the sunlight? In the sun? I must be in Heaven. 'Cause I'm looking at an angel whose staring back at me! Her eyes so heavenly! I must be in Heaven, 'cause I'm looking at an angel. There's no one on this earth, that's made this beautiful!" Darcy got up quickly, pulling me up with her. "I must be in Heaven!" Suddenly I felt like dancing. We both smiled, as I pulled out Liam's laptop and went to YouTube.

"Play some old One Direction!!" I nodded my head and searched for Another World. A lyric video popped up and music blared instantly. She giggled, pulling me up and dragging me into the living area. Thank God the boys were out shopping, James included. Shay, Eleanor and Danielle had a girls day out. They invited Darcy and I but I didn't want to go. Darcy's reason? She wanted to keep me company. It shocked me, but hey, I'll take any kind of company right now.

The music started the song and Darcy and I started jumping to the beat. She giggled singing along to the song. I watched my daughter jump beside me. You could tell she was sad about her brother being gone. But at least he was in a better place.

I pushed my thought aside and changed the song to another One Direction song. I Want. Darcy giggled sitting down next to me. "Mummy. We should go shopping and surprise daddy and Uncle Liam, Uncle Louis, Uncle Zayn, Uncle Niall, Aunt Danielle, Aunt Shay and Aunt Eleanor with dinner!" I nodded. It didn't sound that bad of an idea.

"Let me get a shower and then we'll go okay?"

"Okay." I kissed her forehead and walked over to my duffle bag which had all my new clothes in it. I grabbed clean underwear, my grey One Direction hoodie that Louis had gotten me for a early birthday present, and some plain jeans. I only had one pair of shoes so far and they were pair of batman converse. "Can I play on Uncle Liam's laptop?"

By play I knew she meant The Sims 3. "Sure." I walked to the small bathroom and got undressed.

-*-*-

Twenty minutes later, I was leaving the tour bus with Darcy on my back. She wanted a piggy back ride all the way to the mall, so I decided what the heck. Darcy and I fell into conversation.

When we reached the mall, I grabbed a cart and we went straight for the toy isle. I set Dar down and she ran up to the really expensive baby dolls. I smiled. "I'll be in the gaming isle. It's only a couple isles over. Here's the cart." She smiled and grabbed it. "Be careful Dar."

"I will mum!" He little voice rang out as she put two baby dolls, and one woody doll in the cart. I walked away smiling. These were James and Darcy's first toys since the fire. Darcy loves acting like she's a mom. And James, well, he loves being a cow boy. No shocker there.