Chapter 4

Chapter 4

     My feet carried me into the recording studio where Harry and the lads were. The familiar black haired woman sat at her computer, and when she noticed me she pointed down the hall. I was sobbing by the time I reached the recording studio that held One Direction. Music could be heard faintly, but Harry's voice began to sing. "Just fall for me, I promise to be there. Come on don't you worry, your heart won't be broken. Can't you see that I love you, and I want to be the one Catching You." The lyrics to the new song soaked into my skin as I walked into the recording studio. Tears were falling to the point were I couldn't control them.

     Music stopped and people crowed around me. Someone wrapped me in their arms and by the way they held me I could tell it was Harry. Hands touched my shoulders and back. Voices came from around me, asking what was going on. Only one voice came clear to me. Harry's. "Shh, babe. What's wrong? Are the kids okay?" I nodded, not able to speak. My throat felt clogged, and I couldn't speak. "Rissa, what's wrong?"

     I opened my mouth taking a deep breath. Choking, I answered. "Edward. He's the one." Everyone exchanged confusing glances. Everyone but Harry.

     "What do you mean he's the one Ris," Liam asked, rubbing my back.

     "He's the one who shot me." I looked blindly at all of the lads. "He told me today. He said that he wanted to be with me again, but he knew he wouldn't get it. So he tried to kill the connections between Harry and I. I'm scared. You guys are connections too. What if he comes after you?"

     "They won't," Paul said. "Management won't let anything happen to you guys. I can arrange you guys stay on your tour bus. No one knows where we keep it." The lads and I exchanged a glance. "So what do you say? I know it'll be crammed with you lads plus Ris, Eleanor, Shay, Danielle, and the kids." Louis was the one who nodded.

     "But why Danielle, Eleanor and Shay?," Zayn asked.

     "They're connections to you lads. Edward could go after them." Zayn made an o shape with his mouth, and the rest of the lads nodded.

     "Go ahead and sit down. I'll call management right now and arrange something." We nodded, taking a seat wherever we could. Niall, Zayn and Louis sat with each other while Liam, Harry and I sat across the room. Harry wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me down with him.

     "I can't believe Edward was the shooter." Liam furrowed his brows.

     "Me either," I replied

     "No. I really can't believe he was the shooter. It doesn't add up. He dumps you, and now he wants you back?"

     "I'm with Liam on this. Who dumps someone because they aren't sexy enough, and then two years later want you back?" They were right. Edward wasn't the type of guy to dump someone and re-date the same person.

     "Daddy Direction's right. Edward isn't the type of guy to re-date an ex. That isn't like him. I would know because I was his friend at one point." The boys nodded, agreeing with my statement.

     "Maybe he's changed. You could be the one that he wants to have another chance with," Harry said obviously joking. I turned my head so it faced Harry's. "What? I was joking!"

     "I hope you were." Tension filled the air quickly, and I furrowed my brows. Harry did the same as we looked over at Liam. The brown haired boy was sitting still, hands in tight fists, knuckles white, lips pressed together, and jaw clenched. "Liam?" I started to reach a hand out to him but Harry yanked it back. "What?" Harry shook his head. "What's wrong with him?"