Chapter 3

Chapter 3

     It has been three whole days since I had been at the hospital, and my chest hasn't felt heavy ever since I took the pill. The antibiotics I've had to take have helped tremendously, even Harry's seen the difference. My doctor is a miracle worker, if I do say so myself.

     My eyes fluttered up to the wall clock in Harry and I's room to see it was five after nine. I had to get up. Harry had to leave early because today was the day they recorded some of their songs for their fourth album Catching You. I was going to be a guest star on one of their songs that was going to be rerecorded. I think I was called Don't Let Go.

     My feet walked over to Matt's room pushing the door open. The black haired three year old was sitting up in his bed, his chubby hands rubbing his eyes. "Did you sleep well?" Matt looked over at me with a huge smile on his face. "Is that a yes," I asked walking over to his bed. He nodded his head, managing a yawn in the process

     "Mama, I hungey." I smiled at my baby, picking him up carefully.

     "Want me to fix you breakfast?" He nodded, laying his head on my shoulder. As I walked out of Matt's room I noticed Darcy and James weren't in their beds. "Darcy? James? Are you guys down there?" Things were quite. Too quiet. I held on tighter to Matt as I walked down the stairs. The living room was empty, but I continued into the kitchen. Darcy and James were sitting at the island eating cereal. "What are you to whispering about," I asked putting Matt in his high chair.

     "Nothing," they chorused. I turned around with an eyebrow raised.

     "It was nothing mom. I promise," Darcy smiled taking another bite of cereal. I nodded my head, walking over to the fridge for some eggs. "Are you fixing Matt an egg sandwich?" I nodded my head, grabbing a bowl. "You he doesn't eat all of it right?"

     "I know. That's why I'm going to eat half of it." I cracked two eggs, pouring the insides into a bowl and stirring it up. "How long have you two been awake?"

     "I've been awake ever since daddy left," Darcy answered. "J woke up about an hour ago." I turned around for a brief second to see James nodding, agreeing with Darcy's true statement. "Oh, daddy said that the guys are coming over after they get done recording. I never had to turn around to know that James was bouncing in his seat.

     "Mama I hungey," Matt repeated, leaning forward to look at me.

     "I know. Why don't you ask your sister to get the bread." He smiled, turning his gaze over to Darcy who groaned.

     "Fine," she huffed walking over to the box where we stored our bread. "How many slices?" I held up two fingers, as she shut the lid to the box. "Here," she whispered. Smiling at her I took the bread. "James! That's my food!" Her feet hit the tile softly as she ran over to her seat. Rolling my eyes, I took a knife out of the drawer and sliced the sandwich in half. Matt started bouncing in his seat. I handed Matt his half and I sat down beside Darcy, eating my sandwich.

     I was about three bites into my sandwich when my phone rang. "Watch my food." Darcy nodded, as I ran over to the coffee table where it wash charging. Edward was calling me. I picked it up carefully. "Hello?"

     "Hey. Meet me at Starbucks. It's important."

     I furrowed my brows running a hand through my hair. "Um, Harry's at the studio. I can't." Edward laughed on his end.

     "Well I see you're not  wanting to find out who the shooter is." The hair on my arms stood straight up, and my back straightened.

     "Okay." I sighed knowing that this was risky. "I'll be there in ten." Edward hung up, all eyes on me. "I'm meeting an old friend whose visiting," I lied, letting them believe it and Darcy nodded. I dialed Danielle's number, hoping she would be up to watching the kids.