Chapter 31: Surprise Surprise!

Spirit looked at the Outcasts whose eyes were wide as he fought a black wolf. Apparently, they saw Mackenzie fighting on their side.  It looked like all the other Alphas knew about Mackenzie being a spy except the new ones. And the Outcasts were now shaking in fear to see their ex-leader fighting alongside them.

He dodged an incoming lunge from the black wolf and kicked him away. He was about to jump into battle with another one, when a sound temporarily made their ears deaf, all of them. They all saw a winged wolf that had Brown, Black, and red fur land behind all the other Outcasts. Spirit and the Alphas heard some of the Outcasts shout “Hellsong!” some in glee some in relief. ‘He’s probably from the Outcasts. And probably someone as strong as Mackenzie, maybe even stronger.’ Spirit thought based on the Outcasts’ cries.  He growled in annoyance knowing it was reinforcement and someone to take over Mackenzie’s place.  He saw ‘Hellsong’ Jump into battle and fight with three wolves at once.

 Spirit focused back on the battle before him and fought with wolves, weak and strong.

Spirit kicked the white wolf he was fighting unconscious, and he ran as fast as he can to the sides of the clearing where some wolves already were. They gathered in a large but smaller clearing beside the   some blue stripes. Spirit heard his name was Collie. Collie checked to see if all the wolves have gathered before clearing his throat,

“As you all know, I’m here to tell a plan created by one of our Elite Group  members, Desmond.” Collie said. Upon hearing it was from Desmond, Spirit slightly leaned in, knowing Desmond is really smart. He knew better than to ignore this plan. “The plan is, a quarter of the wolves in Alpha pack and reinforcements from the other teams will follow me and sneak in the forest to the back of the OutCasts’ fighters. As in… we will flank them, and surround them. But wolves from their camp may come, since not all wolves of the OutCasts came here. So I will need to assign the stronger wolves to defend the others if reinforcements of the OutCasts come. Now then, any objections?” Collie finished as he looked around for anyone that didn’t like the plan. “No? Okay then, the reinforcements should come any time now.” Collie said, and after ten seconds, there were a lot more wolves in the clearing they were in than before. The reinforcements have arrived. Spirit looked at Collie as he said; “You will be following me.”

Collie stood up and started walking just a few meters away from the battle clearing, and the others followed suit. He made sure not to make noise as the others did so too.

While walking, Spirit thought how flawed this plan is. He didn’t doubt Desmond’s plan, no, nothing like that. It was just… The plan was really flawed. First, it’s not smart to get a quarter of the Alphas away from the fighting group when they were already outnumbered. But surrounding them is a good idea, so it has its advantages and disadvantages. Second, there might be more OutCasts coming,  and there might be more reinforcements than they can handle. Third, well, not really a flaw, more like something Spirit doesn’t understand. How would making a quarter and a few, emphasis on few, reinforcements on one side and a half and a quarter on one side, surrounding the OutCasts, give them an advantage? It’s just simply splitting up. Besides, Why only a quarter? Couldn’t they just split the Alphas in half and give reinforcements to both group of Alphas? And a better question, why not just call an awful lot of reinforcements from the Main Alpha camp that it could match the whole fighting group, and send them to the other side?

Desmond probably had something planned. That’s the most he could think of. Desmond was planning something, and none of them knew what. Well, at least, he thinks so. ‘Man, When have I started doubting Desmond?’ He was starting to think this plan isn’t really the best plan… so far. And one of the problems of Spirit… the plan wasn’t explained to them in a detailed way. Like… he was only talking about them flanking them, and nothing else. No details, No nothing. ‘Yep, he’s planning something. I know it.’ Spirit sighed as he brainstormed and tried to guess what Desmond’s plan was. ‘The only thing is, I don’t know what he’s planning.’