Chapter 29: The Secret Weapon

Whilst battling, the Alphas had managed to move the battle into a really large clearing. How? Spirit will never know.

Spirit encountered an awful lot of beginners, and continuously knocked each of them out. When he couldn’t see any more opponents trying to approach him, he jumped ten meters up, landed on an opponent’s head, jumped to another, another, and saw an enemy who was killing many beginners and knocking out some. He immediately went to their aid and went behind him to sneak attack him from behind and bite him by the neck, but it suddenly turned around and swiped a paw at his head, which he dodged as he ducked. He instead tried to kick his legs out from under him but the wolf jumped back, and vines suddenly started sprouting from the ground, covering him. He surrounded himself in fire and burned the vines off as he ran to the wolf.

The wolf was black with a red tail and red paws. He lunged at the wolf and wolf was about to jump, but Spirit suddenly used his fire to boost himself upwards, and used it again to boost himself downwards to hit the wolf in the head. He did so successfully, but the wolf quickly recovered, and it was as though the wolf appeared at two places at once, and he bit Spirit’s leg, threw him into the air, and kicked him to another opponent. But while in mid air, Spirit used his fire to stop his hurtling, and boosted himself to the wolf, he was about to reach the wolf and bite his neck, when the wolf ducked and bit his arm again, throwing him straight upwards this time. The wolf surrounded himself in electricity, and he caught Spirit by biting his hind leg, dragged him on the floor round and round while the electricity was surrounding both Spirit and the wolf, while Spirit can’t control the electricity due to his pain. Spirit struggled being dragged around the floor as his head was aching and he felt like the hind leg the wolf was holding was going to separate to two pieces. The wolf finally launched him to another wolf, and as he landed, he immediately tried to stand up and attack the wolf, but he saw a familiar face looking at him. “Heather!” Spirit said as he aided Heather who was now fighting a black and grey wolf. Spirit and Heather lunged at the wolf side by side, and the wolf dodged it by jumping up. But Spirit, when right below the wolf, he immediately also jumped up and bit the wolf’s stomach and threw him to another injured enemy wolf.  They both crashed and lay on the ground, due to their deep injuries and crashing, they were now unconscious. Spirit and Heather stood back to back as multiple wolves attacked them at once. Spirit kicked, Spirit punched, Spirit bit, they never stopped coming. He saw Faith from the corner of his eye and saw she was surrounded by bigger wolves, and she got bit on the back. He immediately said to Heather that he was going to Faith just by saying two words, and Spirit came to Faith’s aid, and used his hind leg to get all the wolves’ legs out from underneath them making them all hit the ground and he covered their bodies and mouths’ with water, as Faith freezes them. They were slightly getting used to that kind of strategy.

The wolves suddenly surrounded themselves in fire, melted the ice, and stood up.

Now if only that ice was something you can’t melt.

They kept on attacking again and again, and it was again like the situation he and Heather was in just a few minutes ago. He kicked one in the face and pounded at his chest as he kicked him again into another wolf which he saw was an enemy. He kept on attacking and defending, when the three suddenly went unconscious due to electricity suddenly travelling through them and hitting another opponent far away. It was a bolt of electricity, and it passed by the enemies’ chests. He looked back to where it came from and saw Heather knocking out another wolf and grinning at him as they all stood back to back and attacked any incoming enemies, defending each other. They saw Devin get launched up into the air as he saw them, and Devin immediately used his fire to boost himself to them. Devin landed and dodged an incoming kick to the face as he successfully kicked the one who tried to kick him in the face instead. Spirit looked back to his opponents and kept dodging and attacking. ‘The whole team is here if we just get Shadow to come here.’  Spirit thought suddenly wondering where his brother could’ve gone to. He saw his brother unscathed up in the air using his fire to boost himself up and tried to find something.

Shadow saw the team and used his fire to boost him there, as he also stood back to back with the others. The team was complete.

Spirit then kicked someone in the stomach before he heard a loud howl and a dark purple aura come from a nearby valley in the forest. The whole fight immediately stopped and all the wolves, Outcasts and Alphas alike looked to the valley, including Spirit and the team. They saw a wolf come to view, walking on the top of the valley, as it walked to the edge and looked down. It was a grey wolf with black patterns that looked like Heather’s, and it had purple spikes on some parts of his body. It’s wing was a very dark purple, and it was Huge. It was almost as big as his body, as he spread his wings, he looked intimidating and all the wolves realized the humungous amount of intimidating aura surrounding the valley’s source, was him. The purple aura around him was much more darker.

The wolf flapped his wings as he ascended into the sky very fast with the aura trailing behind him.

Right as the wolf flapped his wings, The mountain cracked and the mountain was split in half due to the force of wind the wing made.

‘Well, this is gonna be fun, if that wolf is from the Alpha’s team.’ Spirit thought skeptically even though he was pretty sure it was from the enemy’s team.