Chapter 20 Electricity

Spirit woke up due to his mental alarm clock, which was to wake up right before sunrise. Spirit yawned and stretched, and came out of his den. He wasn’t surprised to see there were lots of food in the food pile already. It’s been one week since he started training Heather and Faith. Apparently, one time when he woke up before sunrise, there was already lots of food at the food pile. He discovered the hunters actually hunt at midnight, when everyone was sleeping, to prepare enough food for the next day.

Spirit trotted to the food pile, grabbed a rabbit and sat down. A few moments of silence passed, and Spirit saw Devin come out of his den, as Devin saw him. Devin quickly got a bird from the food pile, and sat down in front of Spirit.

“What made you wake up so early?” Devin asked Spirit in between chews.

“I should be the one asking you that. I wake up this early everyday, since yesterday.” Spirit replied, as Devin raised his eyebrow at the part ‘I wake up this early everyday since yesterday’.

“What’s with yesterday?” Devin questioned as Spirit looked at him dumbly.

“Didn’t Desmond tell you about it? The new discovery he made?” Spirit asked, as Devin nodded.“Yea, the one about all wolves can learn powers. But then what does this relate to yesterday?”

“Well, I’m training Heather and Faith use that power. Apparently, Heather is using electricity easily, and Faith is using ice easily.” Spirit informed, as Devin nodded his head. “By the way, Desmond gave me a one week break to teach them. If they aren’t good enough in one week, I can’t get them in my team. I was planning on getting you, Heather, and Faith in my team. Oh and, I found out my main element power.” Spirit informed, seeing that Devin missed out on a lot of events.

“I see. Wait, no, I don’t.” Devin corrected himself as he snickered at his accidental pun. (A/N Remember Devin is blind?) Spirit also snickered. “Wait, do you have a team yet? If so, it’s alright if you don’t want to-“ Spirit was cut off by Devin who said; “Nope, I don’t have one.” As Spirit nodded in relief.

“Do you want to watch them train?” Spirit asked as Devin nodded. Spirit led him to the clearing where they always practice, and saw Heather and Faith waiting there. “Devin’s watching us?” Faith asked to which Spirit nodded.

Spirit sat down at one side of the clearing, as Heather and Faith went to the opposite side of him. Devin sat down beside Spirit and watched the two.

“Fire.” Spirit said.

They both raised their right paw and fire came out of it. Both of their fires were as big as Spirit’s head, which was only small, but they were struggling, a bit.

“Water.”

The fire disappeared, and this time, a blob of water was floating in front of their paws. Apparently, to create water, they’ll gather the moisture of the air, and turn that gas to liquid, liquid, as in water. Spirit nodded in content. An amateur alpha would take at least a minute to make a blob of water as big as an average wolf’s paw. Heather and Faith made one almost as big as Spirit’s head, but they did it easily. Also, Faith got the water to appear a few seconds before Heather did.

“Ice.”

Faith’s water turned to ice first, and Heather, a few seconds later, his water was turning into ice, slowly. But Faith immediately got the whole blob of water turned to ice. Spirit nodded in content again. “Told you.” Spirit whispered to Devin.

“Electricity.”

Both of them lowered their arms, and Electricity suddenly gathered up in his paw, and he let it flow all around his body, and he was now cackling with electricity. Faith took a few seconds to do it, and her amount of electricity wasn’t as much as Heather’s. “Alright, improving!” Spirit said cheerfully, and signaled that part was over. Both Heather and Faith sighed, as Spirit went in front of them to inform how much they improved.  Devin followed.

“You guys are improving fast!” Spirit announced cheerfully. It was only their second day. “Heather, good news.”

Heather perked up at this.

“I think, at least, your main element power is electricity.” Heather now had a big grin on his face. “Faith, well, I’m not quite sure, since you’re pretty good at most of the elements.”

“Thanks.”

“What do you think, Devin?” Spirit asked Devin what he think her main element is.

“Hmm, Faith was good at water and Ice, so it could be either. Though those two are almost the same kind of element, so it could be both. I’m not sure. How many other elements is she good at?”

“Well,  Faith is good at most elements. Heather too,  but Faith is slightly better.”

Devin nodded. “Well, let’s just find out later. You guys are going to take a break, right?” Devin suggested as Spirit nodded.

“Alright guys, keep on practicing the elements. Later, let’s see the one you’re really good at. See you guys later!” Spirit said.

“Bye!” They both said back as they trotted back to the camp.

Devin and Spirit both headed back to their camp, and they heard a rustle. They both looked back to it, and saw the two pups from before peeking out their heads from the bush. “Hey Night, Star. What’re you guys doing here?” Spirit asked as he turned around to face them.

“Me and Star was wondering what kind of power the other wolf was talking about yesterday. He explained everything to us, Outcasts, powers, and the such. Star suggested that we’d watch someone train their powers, and happened to overhear your conversation with Devin.” Spirit rose his eyebrows at this. “You were awake?” Spirit asked, as he looked at Devin unsurely, which Devin also did. “Well, I was, but I woke up Star since I couldn’t get back to sleep. And we heard your conversation.” Night replied, as Spirit nodded.

“Hmm, do you want to train with us later?” Night and Star looked at each other, and back to Spirit and Devin as they nodded frantically, excited about it. “Alright then. I’ll meet you two later before sunset.” Spirit said as the two pups again, nodded.  The pups headed back to the camp, as Spirit and Devin chatted while going to the camp. As they reached the camp, they took some food, and decided to hunt.

[A/N] ALRIGHT!!!.... Welp, that’s a decently long chapter, right? Also, Faith and Heather would be awfully strong if they started as an Alpha from the start. I mean, look at how fast they’re improving!!

…;D Right, those awesome powers will be used in.. The next three chapters! Yay! Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I hope you enjoy the next ones! See ya!

~Peace out