Chapter 22: Electricity, Ice, and Fire.

The Destined Spirit
Chapter 22: Electricity, Ice, Fire.

Spirit woke up due to the sun light hitting his eyes, and instantly woke up. He stood up, and he yawned and stretched. He went out his den and ate something, though he was too excited to care what he got. He finished eating and headed to Desmond’s den.

“Desmond?” Desmond looked up at him, knowing that his free days were not yet finished.

“Yes? I didn’t expect you today. Shouldn’t you be training the two?” Desmond asked.

“Well, they discovered their main power already, and they’re improving very fast. Do you think I can put them in my team now?” Spirit asked as Desmond thought of something.

“I’ll need to see them for myself.”   Desmond said as Spirit nodded. Spirit led him to the practice clearing and saw Devin, Heather and Faith waiting there. The two wolves gaped in awe, seeing Desmond. Apparently, they’ve never seen a wolf as big as Desmond.  “Guys, this is Desmond, the leader of the Alphas I once talked about.” Spirit declared as Spirit sat down beside them, and they all faced Desmond. Desmond sat down in front of them.  “Show me your abilities. If you’re qualified to team with Spirit, I’ll say so.” Desmond said as the two nodded. Spirit stood up and sat down beside Desmond.

“Fire.” Spirit said.

The training continued like yesterday, and the results were the same, if not, better. After the training, Desmond was deep in thought and he finally spoke up. “Pass.” Desmond declared as the two ‘woop-ed’.

Spirit grinned like a cheshire cat. “Now, quiet down. All of you, sit in a line, facing me. I’ll go get Devin, your other team mate.” Desmond said and stood up walking to the camp, leaving the others in confusion. Even though they were confused, they did as they were told and waited.  After a few minutes, he came back with Devin, and ordered Devin to sit down with them.

Desmond then stood 20 meters away in front of them. “All of you, stand up. I want to see your teamwork. I will attack you all, and I want your team, whoever, to at least land a scratch on me.” Desmond said, as the others nodded. Knowing full well that this wolf was much more stronger than them, they didn’t question the fact that it was four versus one.

Desmond started charging towards Heather, as Heather went wide eyed, and dodged to the left. Desmond then turned to the left sharply, as Spirit and Heather both jumped to avoid his lunge. Desmond stopped himself and turned around, crouched, and spun with his hind leg extended. Spirit jumped again but Heather lost his footing, and right as he fell down, Desmond pinned him down. Devin hit him away from Heather and helped Heather up. Faith and Spirit then charged at Desmond who was still trying to recover, and Desmond jumped away. Spirit and Faith said something to each other, and nodded. Spirit charged at Desmond from his right, and Faith from his left. Then Heather was charging at him from behind at his right, Devin at the left. He was surrounded, and he jumped to avoid all their attacks. The four stopped in their tracks, and sprinted to where Desmond was landing. Spirit jumped and spun to kick him and make him bounce, which he did so successfully, and when he was falling again, Faith jumped and used her front paws’ claws to scratch him then kick him away. Desmond got kicked and scratched away, then landed on his paws a few meters away.

 “Alright.” Desmond said, announcing that the spar was over. They all sat down in front of him once again. “The one who landed a scratch at me was…” Desmond trailed off, looking at Faith.

  “Faith.” Faith introduced herself. “Faith, and teamwork was required to do so. If you four hadn’t surrounded me, then I probably wouldn’t have jumped to somewhere else, making Spirit bounce me, and Faith scratch me, to do the ending blow.  For this, you three are qualified to be in Spirit’s team.” Desmond announced.

Devin raised his eyebrow. “ I needed to be tested, too?” Devin questioned. “Yes. Apparently, this was a test of teamwork, not only strength. Teamwork and coordination. Using each other to help each other requires a great bond of friendship, because having a great bond with someone makes you know what that someone is thinking. Which leads to coordination.” Desmond explained and the four other nodded. “Oh wait, Devin, you never told us your main element.” Spirit said.

“Oh! It’s Nature.”  Devin replied, as the other three nodded. “Alright then, you four still have five days to practice. And after that five days, Spirit, who will be you team leader, will pick a mission for the team to go on.” Desmond said as Spirit’s eyes widened slightly. “M-me?” Spirit said in disbelief as he pointed at himself. “Yes.”

“…I don’t think I’m leader material.” Spirit countered, as Desmond only glared at him, leaving him no choice. “Fine…” Spirit said reluctantly. Desmond headed back to Alpha camp. “Well… it’s getting late… we should get back to our camps.” Spirit said and they all said their goodbyes.

Spirit entered his den, and thought about the missions. How was he going to get missions anyway? Oh well. Spirit lay down and immediately fell asleep.

[A/N] OH HEY! …Hmm. Do you guys think im good at writing fighting scenes? Me, im not sure. Comment below on what you think, and tell me any grammar mistakes. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I hope you enjoy the future ones! Buh-bye!

~Peace out