Chapter 17 Came out with three, came in with four

Spirit woke up, only then realizing he had fallen asleep while waiting. “It’s clear, we can go back to camp now.” Devin informed him, since he might’ve missed most of the conversations.

Aevitas stood up and peeked out the cave to make sure it actually is okay to go out. He signaled it clear and they went out, out back to the camp.

As they walked to the camp, Spirit heard a rustle near them and immediately tensed, alert of his surroundings. The others followed. Spirit heard the rustle again and located the source of the sound, a bush. Spirit sniffed it from a bit of a far distance, compared to what he is used to, but he still identified it. It sure wasn’t prey, nor a predator like a bear, it was another wolf. Apparently, a small one. They all went near it, alert, in case of being mistaken that it was another wolf.

A head of a pup peeked out of the bush.

It yelped and came back to hiding as the other three jumped back in surprise. Spirit peeked at it, and urged it to go out of hiding. ‘This is a shy one…’ Spirit thought as he tried another attempt to make it go out of hiding, and miserably failed.

After a few more minutes, -though Spirit felt like it was hours- The pup finally peeked out longer than usual, wondering why they were trying to urge him out of hiding. Spirit backed away slightly to give some space, thinking it might come out. The pup slowly started coming out by stepping out his right paw. His head was plain black, and so was his paw.

After a few long minutes, the pup was finally completely out of hiding, with its head low, being cautious. “H-hey, what’re you doing out here?” Spirit asked. He actually was curious. Why would a puppy be out near the Alpha territory, don’t they patrol these areas?

“I-I’m looking for my sister… I thought I smelled her scent around here…” Replied the pup as the others looked at each other. “Shouldn’t your parents be at least with you?” Aevitas asked, being slightly curious, as well as intrigued. The pup shook his head, looked down, and muttered a quiet; “They can’t, they’re dead…” But it was loud enough for the others to hear it. The others looked at it in slight surprise, as Spirit had an idea. Spirit sat down, confusing the other two. “Spirit, we have no ti-“ Devin was cut off by Spirit giving him a look that said; ‘Let me handle this.’ 

Devin nodded in reluctance as Spirit asked a question. “It’s okay if you don’t want to talk about this, but can you tell me how your parents died?”

“They were killed.”

Spirit hummed in thought as he questioned the pup again, to the confusion of the other two. “Do you remember how the wolf who killed your parents looked like, or if they came in a group, at least how one of them looks like?” The pup nodded a yes, and answered; “There were five of them, but one of them was commanding the others, while the ones who got commanded on did all the work… I think the one commanding them had black fur, and had some red on his paws head and tail. There was mostly red around the neck.” Spirit nodded, turning to the other two as realization hit the two like bricks. Spirit signaled for the pup to wait, as he went to the other two wolves. “Do you think that wolf who was commanding them was actually the leader of the group of outcasts that tried to capture me?” Spirit asked in confirmation. Aevitas and Devin nodded. “Yes, when we attacked, almost the whole  group of alphas that attacked their camp knows how exactly how his appearance looks like. We’re sure it’s him.” Aevitas confirmed for Spirit as Spirit suggested something. “Do you think we can help this pup find his sister, and invite them to the Alpha camp?” Spirit suggested. “Hmm, there are a group of wolves who train alpha pups, so we’ll need to test these two pups if they’re strong enough. Mostly we don’t invite pups in, but who knows.” Aevitas said as Spirit nodded and said; “Then if he passes,  we’ll tell him why we tested him, and ask him if he wants to join?” Aevitas nodded as Spirit went back to the pup.

“Hey, what’s your name?” Spirit asked, though the pup looked hesitant to answer, he answered anyway. “NightFall.” Spirit nodded, and asked his sister’s name this time. “Starfall.”

Spirit blinked at the resemblances of the name, and thought if his sister was white, then. “Alright, Night, can I call you that?” Spirit asked as Nightfall nodded. “Alright, we’ll help you find your sister, and if you two want, we can let you guys stay at our camp, and we can take you in our pack, if you guys don’t have a pack. Do you?” Spirit explained, and asked to make sure they didn’t already have a pack.

NightFall shook his head no, as he then said yes to their offer. Spirit then asked if he has any kind of object that has Starfall’s scent. “Well…” Nightfall raised his right paw, and under it, well, sticking on the under side of his paw, was a white feather. “Huh? Isn’t this a feather of a bird or something?” Spirit questioned, as Nightfall tried to explain. “It’s… just smell it.” Night sighed, apparently not in the mood to explain it. Spirit nodded reluctantly, sniffed it, and immediately tried to smell the same scent from somewhere else. He smelled it, and followed it.

After a few hours of walking, Spirit nearly choked on air, - which means he choked at nothing at all - as the two other wolves remained calm.

In front of them was a white pup with wings. Yes. WINGS. I… I’m going crazy. I’m losing my sanity.’ Thought Spirit as his eyes were wide as dinner plates.

------------------------------------------…A few minutes later at camp...----------

Spirit was finally at the camp, and it was getting late. “home sweet home!” Spirit shouted, well, whisper shouted, since he didn’t want to appear like an idiot. “…Camp sweet camp, in this case.” Spirit added as they all walked inside, many wolves glancing at the winged pup strangely. Desmond instructed the pups to go to the pups den, and pointed to where it was, as the others all went to their respective dens.

My life is becoming stranger and stranger… What else can happen?’

Thought Spirit, as he had no clue that the next day’s events will be much more surprising, in a good way.

[A/N] DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!! C: I’ll probs put some author notes at the end of some chapters of the Spree update, but anyways, This chapter wasn’t supposed to be like this. It went completely off the record. Friggin mind. I had the chapters all thought up in advance.. but.. I didn’t plan introducing these two at this chapter.. Heck, I didn’t even plan them being siblings. Them as in these two pups. I was just thinking of what to put at the part where they walk to the camp… Then this happened. AGH!! IT’S GOING OFF TRACK! Not really. I can easily make some changes without removing the other chapters. Actually, this’ll be the last appearance of the two in a while. Probably. Wait, no,  these two are gonna appear next chapter, and that will probably be one of their last appearances in a while. Will they have a significant role in the story? Hmm… Maybe, maybe not. ;D

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter!!

~Peace out