Chapter 16: Cave Cover!

As Spirit and the others ran, The others behind them were quickly getting tired. As for the three Alphas, apparently, they aren’t the single bit tired yet, but they’re starting to get bored from all this running.

Spirit looked around, trying to find anything to hide in. If he can make up a strategy and hide somewhere, they can finally stop running. But then they’ll also have to wait until the Outcasts are gone. Spirit tried to think of anything, anything that can help them in this situation. But unfortunately, his mind isn’t in the mood to think.

He sighed, as he gave up on trying to think on something, and decided to just run until they reach their camp. He looked back ahead to see a cave a few miles away, in a clearing, where they just need to turn a straight right, and they’ll be right at the entrance of the cave.

He looked back at the ones chasing them, and luckily, they were far enough to not notice the three Alphas suddenly changing directions. Apparently, if they turn right to that cave, the trees will block their chasers from seeing them entering the cave. Spirit sighed in relief as he finally thought up the plan, and whispered the plan to the other two.

The other two nodded as they saw the cave, and went faster, as to outrun the chasers that are still fresh – but almost tired – behind them.  Eventually, all the wolves that were chasing them were now far behind them. Spirit led the group, and when the clearing came, they directly turned right and entered the cave. As they stopped inside the cave, panting, Spirit looked back to their former chasers to see them go past the cave and run straight. ‘Wow, they don’t even notice that our scents are suddenly gone? Oh well, I guess that’s for our advantage.’ He thought in amusement. Normally, strong wolves would immediately notice if something scent related is wrong. Like someone’s scent suddenly disappearing. These wolves were probably not that strong compared to him.

The three finally recovered their breaths, and looked back to the entrance of the cave. Spirit and Devin sat down on one side, whilst Aevitas sat in the other. Spirit looked around, and asked; “What do we do now? Do we just wait until we know they aren’t on the path of the way to the camp anymore?”

“Probably, if you two get hungry, you can go outside to hunt. But make sure you avoid the path to the camp.” Aevitas replied. Spirit nodded, and headed out the cave. Apparently, he was actually very hungry. He was about to ask if they can hunt, but apparently Aevitas already answered it. Spirit came out the cave as Devin followed him.

“You hungry too?” Spirit heard his stomach grumble, as if on cue. “I guess that’s a yes.” Spirit answered himself as Devin chuckled.

The day was apparently pretty boring. There was plenty of prey around, because it seems like the ‘Boss’ And his servants hadn’t cleared out that part of the area yet. He was still wondering what they were planning to do, since these Alphas clearly hadn’t answered most of his questions yet. Devin immediately found some prey, and brought it back to the cave to share it with Aevitas. Apparently, he refused the offer, claiming that he wasn’t hungry.

The two wolves ate up the prey they found, and eventually, their day was spent waiting and waiting, until Aevitas finally signaled for them to start moving. Spirit sighed, relieved that they can finally move. He wasn’t a patient type.

[A/N] NO, before you say it, no, this isn’t the end of the rapid update, obviously. I’m just sayin, sorry for... the short amount of words in each chapter.. Apparently, I’m pretty tired in real life, since we moved to a new house, well, not really house, more like an apartment. Then, just yesterday my finger got electrocuted… but I’m fine now! I’m just sayin’ im pretty tired, so sorry for the short lengths, but hey, there’s lots of chapters, right? No need to sweat it. ;D