Chapter 30: Advantage

Spirit looked back at the Outcasts to see they were looking upon it in fear. ‘Wait, does this mean they don’t know that wolf?’ Spirit thought in confusion as the wolf landed near the Alphas, and all the Alphas prepared their defense.

“Halt!”

Desmond and the Elite Group stopped them from their attacks much to everyone’s confusion.
“Don’t worry, everyone. They’re on our side.” Desmond said with a smirk, as Spirit’s eyes widened. ‘Wait… Now the Outcasts has no chance against us, at all!’ Spirit said as he perked up. But the mysterious wolf suddenly spoke up.

“My name is Atheyos.” (Ey-thi-yos) Wolves murmured among the crowd.  “As you can see… I’m here on your side. But do not, I repeat, do not think that just because I am here, it means that you will be able to defeat the Outcasts easily. If half of the Outcasts gather to attack as one, they would surely be powerful than me. So don’t keep you hopes up.” Atheyos said in a serious tone as everyone nodded.

Atheyos said that he would explain everything about who he is later, and that there was a battle to fight. Spirit looked back at all the Outcast wolves determinedly, trying to think of a strategy of some sort, or observing the enemies for any weaknesses. ‘If we just keep on fighting senselessly trying to knock each other out, then this battle will take forever to end. I need to know where the core of these outcasts is. What would make them all surrender if destroyed or killed?’ Spirit thought as he searched for anything. He sighed, knowing it would be hard to find out a strategy before anyone attacked him.

And the attack came.

Only, it was from someone Spirit knew all too well.

“Mackenzie…” Spirit muttered under his breath as he dodged an attack from Mackenzie, and they were now face to face.  “Long time no see, Spirit.” Mackenzie said with a sneer.

Mackenzie immediately lunged at Spirit, wasting no time. Spirit dodged to the left and ducked to avoid getting bitten by Mackenzie. While Mackenzie’s head was above his, he suddenly jerked his head up to hit Mackenzie in the chin as Mackenzie jumped back and groaned in pain. Mackenzie then lunged at Spirit and unleashed a fury of scratches, bites, and punches to Spirit as Spirit tried to keep up. Spirit got scratched at his hip, a bruise at his cheek, and a bite mark at his back.

 Spirit jumped up to avoid the flurry of the attacks together, spun mid-air so that his hind legs were facing Mackenzie, and kicked Mackenzie’s back to the ground using both hind-legs. Spirit landed on Mackenzie and was about to throw him elsewhere, but Mackenzie suddenly blurred, and it suddenly looked like he was at two places at once, blurry, in front of him, and under him. The one under him disappeared as Spirit yelped in shock and Mackenzie kicked him. Spirit skidded away from Mackenzie, and he groaned in pain as Mackenzie walked towards him while chuckling.

Spirit glared at Mackenzie as Mackenzie grabbed his neck and threw him to the air. Mackenzie then jumped up and kicked Spirit as Spirit still stayed airborne due to the combo of attacks. Spirit finally landed on the ground, and he quickly stood up despite his weakening legs. He quickly got a distance away from Mackenzie, as Mackenzie looked at him with a glare. Suddenly, mini-tornados were surrounding Spirit’s paws as he suddenly blurred, much like Mackenzie from earlier, and started appearing in multiple places at once. Mackenzie looked on in a combination of emotions; Shocked, impressed, and confused. Mackenzie focused his eyes and he began to follow Spirit’s movements, and caught Spirit just in time using his water powers to get him stuck inside the water. Mackenzie chuckled as he tried to drown Spirit, but Spirit froze the water and melted the ice. He lunged out of the melted ice to bite Mackenzie, and Mackenzie dodged just in time but he  was suddenly lifted upside down due to Spirit levitating him by bending the air around him. Spirit then used the air to hit him roughly on the ground, hitting him again and again, until Mackenzie finally stopped himself by countering Spirit’s control of magic, and he lunged at Spirit. Spirit dodged left from an incoming bite and used nature bending to seal Mackenzie’s mouth by bending the grass around him and he kicked Mackenzie to the side.