Chapter 13: Main Element Training

[A/N] What in the world? I thought i've already published this here. Srry.

Spirit awoke with a yawn, and he looked out his den, slightly irritated that the sun woke him up already. He then realized today was in fact, the day where he needs to find out his main elemental power, and, of course, train on using powers.
Spirit sat up reluctantly and headed to the food pile. He grabbed a small plumb rabbit, and tried to finish it as quickly as he can. While eating, he saw Devin enter Desmond’s den, which made him wonder if Devin was actually allowed to go into the Alpha’s Leader’s den. Spirit shrugged it off anyways. ‘He probably just has a special appointment.’ 
After finishing his food, Spirit headed to Desmond’s den, but saw that Devin was still there. Instead of entering, he waited outside the den, careful not to unintentionally eavesdrop on their conversation. Desmond saw him outside the den, and made a motion with his head to come in, much to Spirit’s confusion. 
Spirit entered the den and sat down, facing Desmond. Devin was right beside him, also sitting down and facing Desmond. “Spirit, do you remember the schedule?” Desmond asked, while Spirit nodded. “Good. Today, Devin is going to help you with your powers, because apparently, he is one of the most powerful wolves in here, but I’m pretty sure he already told you that.” Spirit stared at Devin incredulously, remembering he was blind. “But…” Desmond noticed Spirit looking at Devin’s eyes incredulously, and sighed. “Him being blind is one of the reasons I want to train you. There will be such situations in your life where enemies might try to blindfold you, or use a power to temporarily blind you. In said situations, knowing where the enemies are while blind will be really helpful, and to do so, you need to improve your hearing, feeling, and smelling.” Spirit nodded. That was true, if someone actually tried to blindfold him, he would panic and howl for help. Apparently, he would really need Devin’s training. “But while Devin is training you, I’ll watch you, but I’ll time to time leave the clearing where you will be training to check on the camp.” Spirit nodded once again.
They went to the clearing where Spirit sparred with Devin and trained with Desmond.  As they went to the middle of the clearing, Desmond ordered both of them to sit down and watch. Desmond went to gather some branches by burning the part of the branches where it connected with the tree trunk, and put them all in a pile. He went back to them and explained to them what to do.  “Burn those branches, Devin, up to you to teach Spirit how to make fire on his paws, then, if Spirit doesn’t get it after a few hundred tries… I’ll deal with it.” Devin nodded, as Spirit and Devin went to the pile of branches, and Devin started explaining. “First, do you feel the heat around the air because of the sun?” Spirit nodded, anyone could feel that. “That heat, has energy, and that energy, you can absorb. To absorb this energy, focus on the heat, and try to feel it in your fur. If you feel a large amount of heat gathering in one place, try to feel the heat in another part of your fur. If where the heat gathers changes, you now officially know how to transfer heat!” Exclaimed Devin with a chuckle. “After doing this, try to feel the heat in your paw’s fur.” Spirit nodded and lifted his paw. Spirit tried to concentrate, but no matter what, he just keeps on seeing things that gets his interest. “If you can’t focus with opened eyes, close them.” Spirit did as he was told, and tried to feel the heat around him. As he felt it, he tried to focus on the heat close to his stomach’s fur. Eventually, the heat gathered up, it became more hotter, but it didn’t hurt. It became more hotter and hotter, and eventually, he heard an ignition of flame. He opened his eyes and looked back to his belly, and he saw fire. But it didn’t hurt, it merely felt very hot. “How to distinguish it?” Spirit asked, apparently worrying if it’ll be there permanently without the help of water. “This time, don’t focus on the heat, and focus on the calm air around you, that doesn’t bear any heat energies. Then feel the calm air around the part where it’s burning, basically, the same process as making the fire, but this time, different energies.” Spirit closed his eyes again and tried to focus on the calm air around him that bears no heat. He tried to focus on the ones near the fire, but didn’t feel anything getting cooler. It vanished, but not because of Spirit. Spirit sighed, thinking he succeeded. “Welp, looks like you need to practice more on calm energies. I’m actually the one who put it out.” Spirit looked at Devin incredulously. “How?” Devin chuckled, and explained. “You just focus on the calm energies around someone else, and focus on the part where the flame is burning. But to do this, you also need to learn how I see while I’m blind, because to feel someone else is to feel the air currents around them.” They saw Desmond heading towards them, and Devin said Spirit’s progress. “At least he learned to ignite fire. But… if that took him a lot of seconds, he’ll need more practice. I think this is enough for today. Let’s get back to camp.” Desmond said. They all nodded and headed back to camp, and headed all to their respective dens. It was dark already, though they didn’t notice while they were training.
Spirit laid down at his den, and closed his eyes. But he had no intention of sleeping just yet. He focused the heat on his paw, and eventually, fire came up. It was pretty risky to do this without them, seeing that they won’t be there if he failed. And he’ll have to sleep with this fire. He focused on calm energies around his body, and focused it on the paw. After a few minutes, he finally extinguished the fire. ‘Yes!’ Thought Spirit as he mentally did a victory dance. After a few seconds, he closed this eyes, this time to sleep.

[A/N] I had to get an explanation of how to get fire and extinguish fire there… And Spirit left the lump of branches, failing to burn them. XD Anyways, I needed an original idea, and this was the only thing I came up with. I hope there’s not yet a story with that kind of explanation… and I know, it’s so uncreative ;n;, anyways, hope you enjoyed, see you next chapter ;u;. But wait! I hope you also enjoyed the constant use of “Hotter” And “Hot” And “Cooler” XDD
~Peace