Chapter 1: The Mystery

[A/N] Hey guiz, I updated without the schedule being... scheduled. and now then, you might be all thinking: “Why did you update without  the schedule, wouldn't that make you like, randomly update any day?” Well... that’s a big N. O. well you see, as long as the schedule isn’t done, I’ll follow my own schedule, which is: Wednesday = Quotev Thursday = Deviantart Friday = Wattpad. If you guys are happy with this, feel free to not vote, EVER. xD and I’ll try to keep up with the schedule... if I don’t, well don’t blame me.

Spirit ran through the thick grass, his mind wandering off to find any solutions to the mystery he is trying to solve. Or at least he thought it was a mystery. He had been wandering the forest for so many hours now, but still found no sight, scent, nor hint of prey.  He knew there was something happening behind the scenes. This happened every year. And he never knew what causes it. ‘Now I’m going to find out... hopefully.’ Spirit thought.

As he ran, he came to a slow trot when he reached a clearing. When he came in the middle of it, he stopped and looked around for a moment. He was able to smell wolves nearby. He sniffed the air once more, trying to know from which pack these wolves were. ‘Hmm… Shadow Pack wolves?! Well... I wonder if they are part of why this ‘mystery’ is happening... though I don’t like them... neither do they like me, I might as well ask them about it. Though I better keep my guard up....’ Spirit thought, heading to follow the scent. He remained quiet with his every step as he tried not to get the attention of the wolves.

After a few steps, he saw them and thought ‘I didn’t think they were this close…’ He went to one of the small bushes for cover, and listened intently on what they were talking about.

“But wouldn’t that force the 'The Spirit' into a rampage for breaking the rules?” said a rather young male voice. “Quiet young one, we do this every time.” said a more sly voice… and an older one at that, A really old one. ‘What do they mean they do this every time?’ Spirit thought. “Well then, I feel like it would be better to continue what we were doing rather than arguing with this young one.” Another masculine voice said, but not so young like the other one, he had a deep voice. The dark brown wolf which just spoke, glared at the old and sly Black wolf. While the black wolf was staring at the young light gray one, with his eyes narrowed. They all had white patterns of the sort. “Well... Let’s get going.” Said the dark brown wolf.

They started turning around but Spirit suddenly revealed himself. “Wait, before you go. What were you talking about? Is this related to the point that there is almost no prey? What of the part when the young one said about breaking the rules?” Asked Spirit, shocking them as all of them turned back around to see The Spirit himself. He was quite known as ‘The Spirit’ though it’s a title very related to his name. The young one’s eyes widened as he saw The Spirit himself, and slowly backed away before stopping as he saw the glare of the older one, stating not to back down. “Sorry, Spirit. But it's none of your business.” Said the dark wolf. “It is particularly part of my business, I am starving to death because of the mere tragedy that there is no prey, and I am basically trying to figure out a solution, or even just find out what is causing it.” The old one narrowed his eyes on him and said “Whatever you do, we won't take a single hesitation to not tell it to you.” Said the old one with his... high pitched male voice, it was unusual. I thought of a plan along this and nodded my head. “Very well...” I said, though I doubt they expected me to back down slightly.

They all turned back and headed to wherever they were going, with Spirit going the opposite direction. “Be wary of your surroundings, Seth.” Said the dark brown wolf to the young one. “Yes Dusk.” replied the young one. “Now then, Kale, Shall we part ways looking for prey, or shall we stay as a team?” Asked Dusk to ‘’Kale’’ as he called him. “I’d say we part ways. Its advantage will be us finding more prey than just staying and travelling at one place, together.” Replied Kale. “Though it’s an advantage to get a lot of members with you and help you kill prey...” said Dusk. “Quiet you.” Apparently Kale heard him. Dusk just scoffed and started walking somewhere away from them. Dusk did the same. Seth just sat there; sweat dropping because of their arguments.

[A/N]  Now, was that too short? Too long? Tell me in the comments. Hopefully you enjoyed it, and feel free to leave constructive criticism… but I’m pretty sure I used the Spelling and Grammar check in this Microsoft office word… so there shouldn’t be any problem with that. And I have my own computer edit 8D :3 Thanks for reading! Hope you leave a comment and review on what you like, didn’t like, and if you want, constructive criticism.

~Peace