43. Since I Found You

The Wedding Reception Day

•••

"Now who needs a dream when there is you?"
- Since I Found You by Christian Bautista

•••

Bright exhaled in relief. Finally, today had come. The reflection of him wearing white suit in the 2 meters standing mirror in front of him made him smile. He could not wait to see Win in the same color suit. Unluckily, both were at separated room. Who did arrange this unnecessary thing? Bright whined inside his head.

This morning, when they arrived in the venue, two make up artists took them to two different rooms. Win was taken first, Bright almost shouted at the make up artist who kidnapped his husband but then, another hands pulled him to opposite direction.

"P'Bright..."

Bright turned his head to the direction of the call. Only Win who called him like that, but what Bright found was two people standing at the door, smiling.

Bright got up from his seat, wai at them. "Win's Pa-"

"It's just Papa and Mama," The lady in white knee length dress corrected him. "There is no Win's Papa and Mama anymore, right? You have gotten married for two months. Aren't we one family already? We are your Mama and Papa, too."

Bright nodded. He repeated the wai. "Sawasdee khrab, Papa and Mama."

"Can we talk?" Win's Papa asked. "We have never talked only you and us. There is always Nong Win beside you. Let's have quality time. P'Bright and the parents in-law."

Bright's heart almost stopped beating. He wondered if he had done something wrong unintentionally. He tried to remember his activities for the past weeks. What did he do wrong?

"You must be surprised. We will call you P'Bright, like Nong Win always calls you, from now on. Actually, we have been calling you like that for a while now."

"Khrab," Well, Win's Dad's request was not a problem. "Did I do something wrong khrab?"

Win's Mom smiled, "You look so nervous right now, P'Bright."

Bright nodded. There was no use to deny it.

"We have been watching you for years since you and Win decided to be in a serious relationship," Win's Dad confessed. "We... want to apologize."

Bright's forehead furrowed and his eyes narrowed. The confusion was getting worse. "I'm sorry khrab, Papa, but Papa and Mama did nothing wrong."

"Our son," Win's Mom rejoined the conversation. "We always knew when you both have disagreement. For few years in the beginning of your relationship, Win used to come back home each time you got difference of opinion."

"But..." Bright interrupted. "...Win doesn't do that anymore at one point of our second year."

"Kha," Win's Mom confirmed. "That's because I told him not to do that anymore. He have to stay with you until the problem solved. I told him that I did not care if you and him are gonna have a bloody fight, punch each other, but I did not want him to run away from the problem."

This was the first time Bright heard the story. He had always been thinking that Win realized that he should stay to find solution together. Thanks to Win's Mom that the younger man was forced to grow together with Bright because all these years, their domestic problem was often happened. And with Win trying to find solution was not always smooth. They shouted, they cried, they ignored each other, but after they successfully got through it, they could be happy all at once.