06. A Fish In The Sky

"There's probably no fish who thinks of swimming in the sky beside the beautiful stars. It's like people who should know their place. Don't hope for things beyond your reach."
- ปลาบนฟ้า (A Fish in The sky) by Getsunova

•••

It was still afternoon outside when Bright and Win left GTV building. The sun was still shining, it was blinding. Win suggested Bright to have lunch before heading to his condo, so they stopped at a restaurant to eat. Bright knew that Win must be really hungry.

Bright was curious. Win did not talk about the issues that involved Bright. Bright knew that Win naturally did not talk much, but when he was worried about him, Win would show it, but Win did not do that.

"Have you seen the news?"

Win did not answer immediately because he was munching his food.

"What do you think about this issues?"

After swallowing his food and drinking his tea, Win was ready to reply. "I don't really have any thought about it khrab. It's your personal matters. I'm happy if you are back with her."

Bright smirked. "So, you are one of those people who think that I'm getting back together with her."

"Isn't it reasonable, Phi?" Win got back at Bright. "I mean, you kissed her last night, in public place. People will unquestionably take it as a confirmation for the previous issues."

"I'm still single."

Win narrowed his eyes as a reaction to the answer. His eyebrows furrowed.

"Say it. Say what's in your mind." Bright commanded Win. He caught Win's facial expression. He knew Win was upset about something.

"No, Phi."

"I told you to say it." Bright said again. "Why don't you say it? Is it gonna make us fight with each other?"

Win shook his head. "I think it's just because of our culture or maybe our parents taught us different norms and values, so we also have different point of view about what happened in society. That's why I won't say it."

"Norms, you said? Values?"

"Right."

"Tell me more about it."

Win took a deep breath, preparing his mentality. "For me, it is not proper to show affection or intimacy in public if we are not in a relationship with whoever you are with, wherever you are." Win said. "I have no argument about Phi's issues before... just now, because I thought P'Bright was finally back in a relationship with her. But you are not, so I-"

"I'm sorry." Bright cut Win off. "Do I make you uncomfortable?"

"No, you don't, Phi. I'm really ok na." Win reassured him. "I'm here for you. I'm always here."

Bright nodded. He smiled bitterly. "It seems like... there are so many differences between us, aren't there?" Bright said as he continued eating. "Can we go further than where we are if it is like this?"