01. Look At

"Look at your scars revealing but you're still watching the days go by."
- Look At by SALTNPAPER

•••

"Where are you? I saw my car in the parking lot. Are you going to the grocery store after seeing the fridge empty?"

"I'm not coming back."

Just like a thunder, the answer of a young woman on the phone struck the man who was just arrived in his condo, expecting to meet his girlfriend that was supposed to come back to condo that day.

"Is something wrong?"

A sigh was heard. "I was there to give your car back and went home with my friend."

"Don't joke around. What is this? You can tell me."

"You didn't even go to my bedroom like what you used to do when you miss me." The young woman said. "Or did you not miss me anymore when I was gone?"

Another thunder struck him again.

"If you went to my room, Bright... you would see my belongings were all packed." The woman said. "But you did not."

"I was busy this wee-"

"No, you were not."

Bright was speechless. He still did not get what he was going through at the moment.

"It's over, Bright. Let's end us."

"You are out of your mind."

"You are."

"Don't tell me that you suddenly wanted to go home a week ago was because I could not go home earlier as I promised that night."

"I have never complained about you not coming back earlier and you know that, but..." The young woman took a deep breath before continuing her sentence. "Bright... you didn't even remember what day it was. You don't remember until today, too."

Bright hurriedly walked closer to the calendar on the table. His face became expressionless. He had no other reason to hold his girlfriend back.

"Bright, do you know that you've changed? You're not mine anymore and it's been a while." The woman said again. "I have been wanting to let you go but I must confess I held a big expectation about you, but that night I realized, I-"

"Don't leave me. Don't break up with me. Not today."

"This should have been done earlier."

"If you do this, I have no one to turn to."

"You have, Bright. Didn't you listen to me? You've changed. We lived together but it's been a long time since the last time I feel that I'm living with someone I used to share everything with." The woman talked back at Bright. "You have to make peace with your heart, Bright. Are you not aware of your own feeling? I have no space in your heart anymore." The woman explained calmly. "I really am tired and I'm really sorry to feel like this toward us."