14. A Good-for-Nothing Guy

"Aren't you tired of having to put up with such a good-for-nothing guy? Are you bored of still giving in someone who falls short of your expectations? I'm really sorry that I've exhausted you."
- คนไม่เอาถ่าน (A Good-for-Nothing Guy)
by Big Ass

•••

People said, Bright was like someone who had been sent by God from heaven because of his divine look. The way he spoke, he always knew what to say. He was always good at public speaking despite the fact that he was an introvert who loved to spend his time alone in his room. Little did they know that Bright could lost his confidence level because of one unrelated problem.

Lately, Bright attended many sessions that mostly were attended by newbies. He spent most of his time in the office. He was there almost everyday, from 9 to 5.

"What is he crazy about now?" Fluke asked First who just arrived with Bright, but being left by that guy because Bright had to attend singing class. "He seems busy. You seems busy, too."

First sighed. "I'm not busy. He is. I accompany him anywhere he wants."

"Leave him alone, then."

"I can't. He is in the state when he will likely be insane anytime if I leave him alone." First said.

Fluke nodded. "I thought he was crazy over Nong. I don't know he was crazy over you, too."

First hit Fluke's forehead instantly. "Shut up! Don't joke with me right now. This is a serious problem."

"I know." Fluke cackled. "Do you want to try to talk to Ai Win?"

First rejected the idea immediately. "That guy is out of town for filming a series. I have no idea when he will come back."

"Ask P'Eed or P'Yui."

"You help me do that. So troublesome." First ditched the suggestion again. "How about letting him deal with this problem by himself? We just have to watch him out, just in case he plays with fire."

"What do you think he is playing now?"

First shrugged. "He called himself crazy. I agree."

Fluke laughed. He did not get to be around Bright as often as First did, but First always updated Fluke. It was an attempt to keep himself mentally sound. "Be strong, friend. Come on. I'll treat you coffee."

The singing class was over but Bright was still inside the room, playing the instrument left there. A guitar. He played all the songs which were in his mind right now.

First was waiting for Bright somewhere in the building but Bright wanted to spend time a little bit longer than usual. He understood his friends' worries, yet Bright could not deny the despair he was bearing inside.

"Is this room still used khrab?"

Bright turned his head to the back and checked who was entering the room.

"Aw, Ai Bright. I thought you were someone else."

Apparently, it was Tay. After found out that the person inside the room was someone he knew, Tay leisurely came in.

"Stop playing sad songs just because your boyfriend is not here." Tay teased Bright.

Bright smirked bitterly. "Ai Win is not my boyfriend khrab, Phi."