17. You & Me

"But if you knew the truth, then you wouldn't feel insecure 'cause if I didn't have you, I wouldn't have nothing at all. I wish you could see yourself through my eyes. I always forget that you can't read my mind."
- You & Me by James TW

•••

"I have abundant good feeling for you. I don't know how to convey it properly. It had never been this difficult for me. I have always been a blunt person." Bright confessed.

Win did not want to hear more than this. He lowered his head and closed his eyes as if he had no hope for Bright anymore. Never in his mind that he expected Bright to tell him something more meaningful because the last time Bright explained about his feeling, it already made Win fly. He had been fulfilled, he should not asking too many. Yet, he called upon something greater in silent.

"If you want to leave me forever, I can live with that." Bright remarked. "These 3 months were so hard. It made me know that, well, I can live without you..."

Win nodded. He gulped down his breath to stay quiet, ate the bitter fact himself and nodded slightly, accepting the truth that he let Bright get used to live without him.

"...but I don't want to."

It was unexpected. Win almost let out a sound of gasping. He lifted his face to look at Bright again. His swollen eyes narrowed after hearing the last sentence.

Bright was there, standing with his emotionless face, looked back at him deeply. "I love you."

The air around Win was suddenly tightened. He forgot to breathe. He could only listen to his own heartbeats. It was still throbbing. Rapidly. In contrast with his eyes which had longer time interval between blinks.

"I love you." Bright repeated it. "Wait na. I have never felt this right. 'Love' fits perfectly with my feeling, unexpectedly." Bright was also surprised himself. This was the first time he explained his feeling with this word, and he felt so much better. "Wah. I felt so relieved right now. I love you, Ai Win. I really love you. I can repeat it for you many times if you don't believe me."

First had to give a sign for Bright to calm down because Bright was too excited and smiled too wide while Win was still blown away.

Bright took a deep breath to be more relax. He looked back at Win who was still staring at him in astonishment.

"I have already explained before about how my feeling for you is. I just need to say I love you in addition of all my confession last time." Bright spoke softly. "I will respect your decision, whether you want to keep me with you or throw me away. Just- let me ask you once again. Be mine na?"

Win tried to exhaled slowly. His face, gradually, became less tense than before. The love that Bright told to him was replayed in his mind. It made him smiled. He shook his head in amazement, he made Bright and others confused.

"Ai Win...?"

Win laughed at himself but his eyes were tearful. "You finally said it, Phi..." Win could not stop laughing.

Bright was worried and came closer to him because Win was weeping so hard yet he kept laughing.

"Are you ok?"

"Umm." Win nodded. As Bright grabbed his two hands, Win stopped laughing.

"I'm a jerk." Bright cursed himself. One of his hands moved to catch the tears fell in Win's cheek. "You always make me happy all the time, but why do I make you cry? It's the second time now, right? Or is there time when you cried but I did not know? You have to tell me more after this."