41. Sign

"Sometimes we'd insult each other with careless words. We'd get sick of each other's immaturity. But someday we'll strip it all away and feel the sweet warmth as we show each other our gentle sides"
- Sign by Mr.Children

•••

That morning, the bedroom was silent. Win was in the shower and Bright himself was ready to go. Normally, Win most often went to work before Bright did, but today, both were taking their time, spent more in the condo.

Or, to be exact, Bright was delaying the time.

Win came out from the shower after drying his hair. When he found Bright sitting on the bed, taking a deep breath, Win furrowed. What heavy burden was on his husband's back?

"Just go and get it done, Phi," Win said while opening the wardrobe storage. "What is bothering you?"

Bright scratched his head. He got up and walked slowly to the dining room. He did not go. He only moved to sit in another room.

After Win dressed up, he came over Bright, sitting beside him and reached his hand. "It's not the first time you do press conference, what makes you uneasy?"

"This time, I don't talk only about me, it's also about you."

"Then...?"

"What if I say something wrong?"

"Umm..." Win pouted, his eyes rolled to the right, thinking. "What can be wrong?"

"I don't know."

Win nodded. "Well, I know P'Bright won't stutter even if you are nervous. You can manage to talk calmly."

"Don't overestimate me."

"Then..." Win smirked. "... you suck."

"You...?!"

Win could not hold back his laugh any longer. "Phi, you won't say anything wrong. The one who knows our story is us. The reporters will just write what we explain them. See, I will watch from my office. If there is something wrong with what you say, I'll write it down and scold you later."

"Ah, okay."

Win was taken aback. "Are you okay with that?"

"Umm," Bright admitted. "You will watch me, so I think that's okay."

Win exhaled heavily. He just realized that Bright, actually, needed his presence. Basically, to ensure the older man that he was doing fine. "P'Bright will be fine. Win is always with you I'm not there in the press conference but I'm close to your heart."

"Yeah."

"I'm serious."

"Umm."

Win got up from his seat and pulled Bright by the hand to follow him. "Don't "umm" me! I will drop you off at the GTV building."

"My bag~"

"Go get it!"

Bright could easily escape from Win after asking for the bag. He followed Win from behind to the parking building. He carefully listen to the younger saying they would have breakfast on their way.

"...I have to make sure you arrived at the GTV building. Don't try to run away from the conference."

"Have I ever done that before?"

"Don't talk back."

Bright mumbled "Ok" as he opened the car door. His husband was in a fierce mood and Bright knew he must shut his mouth for now.