19. Zombie

"I became a zombie and there's nothing that can cure me. So, tomorrow I know I'll be just the same. You'll see me wishing to stop and close my eyes."
- Zombie (english version) by Day6

•••

Something was missing from the large bedroom. This morning, when Bright woke up, he rolled his body on the bed to find his partner but the other side of the bed was empty. He forgot that Win came back to his parents' house.

Last night, Win sent Bright a voice note. He opened LINE only to replay it.

"I'm gonna sleep now, Phi. Good night."

Bright sighed. "Damn you, Ai Win. I'm lonely." He protested the voice note.

Bright planned to visit his office today and attend classes, whatever it was. He knew Win did not have schedule, so that young man would not go anywhere. He might be just sleep and eat at his bedroom, in his family house.

Each time Win went home, Bright did not know when the next time Win would stay overnight at his condo. That guy would visit surely, but rarely stay overnight. Even now, when they were in a relationship.

Bright reached GTV building at 10 AM. A group of his fellow actors was there, making a fuss about Tay who reconciled with New. They both was famous for behaving like a cat and dog as partners.

"You should not start a war anymore, Tay." Arm reminded him. "This is the longest cold war you have encountered."

"5 months." Off laughed at the fact. "Are you crazy? I thought you would not ever come back to him."

Tay did not defend himself because he knew it was true. Both his partner and him were stubborn.

"I also thought you were single." Bright rejoined the conversation and got a hit on his arm by Tay.

"Shut up and take care of your Nong Win." Tay said.

Bright clicked his tongue. "He is not with me right now." Bright got annoyed. It made people looked at him in surprise. "Why are you looking at me like that, Phi?"

"Break up?" Off was curious.

"There's no way, right, Ai Bright?" Arm ensured himself. "Are you guys fighting?"

"Huh? No way." Bright denied it immediately. "He is with his parents. He is going home."

"Ooooohhh..."

"Are you..." Tay suddenly said something that led Off, Arm, and Bright turned to him who was staring in shocked at the big television screen which was set on the wall. Every floor in that building had it. "...sure you are not breaking up?"

Bright followed where Tay was staring. The television aired entertainment news and showed a candid video and picture of Win with his ex girlfriend in a restaurant and department store. Another video was shooted when Win was opening the car door for her.

"The news is not true. She is Ai Win's ex girlfriend. I also met her yesterday." Bright mumbled as he read the headline: Win Metawin was spotted with his ex girlfriend shopping together yesterday afternoon. The news anchor statement led to the rumor of getting back together after few years.

"We know." Arm replied.

"It's all over twitter, too." Off informed as he scrolling down his phone, checking his social media.

Tay shook Bright's shoulder to divert his attention from the television. "Have you tried calling Nong?"

"I have not called him yet today."