28. Scattered

"You are right here. Still staying here.
But I can't reach you again today."
- Scattered by Kim EZ

•••

Buzz... Buzz... Buzz...

The sound of a phone vibrated on the side table ticked Bright to open his eyes. He did not bother to check his phone since the vibration was just a sign of group chat notification.

Those big eyes watched the younger man who was sleeping with his face covered with a bolster. Bright smiled bitterly. "What is scaring you? Why are you hugging it so tight?"

Bright stroked Win's hand softly. "Such a wimpy baby." He murmured.

Bright's heart broke into pieces last night, witnessing those tears and listening to the muffled scream. Deep inside his heart, Bright could guess the reason of Win eating his own heart out. Be that as it may, Bright ran out of ways to put Win at ease.

For Bright, this kind of feeling was new. He was so carefree in his previous relationship. It really was only Win that could change him into someone who put others more than himself.

Buzz... Buzz... Buzz...

Another notification from group chat diverted Bright's attention from Win. At the same time, Win started gaining his consciousness.

Realizing his phone disturbing Win's sleep, Bright hurriedly got up from the bed and walked out of the room to check his phone.

Win straightened his back, sitting on the bed. His swollen eyes followed Bright who was standing in front of the room, right at the door, replying messages on his phone.

Last night, how many times Bright apologized to him? Win started asking himself. That deep voice had tried to soothe Win who was in the state of extreme upset. Win blamed the thoughts which filled his head.

"Ai Win," Bright looked into the bedroom, calling his lover. "I will hangout with Ai First and others tonight in usual place. Will you join us?"

Win opened his eyes wider, but useless. They were puffed and heavy. "I'd love to, but I have to skip, Phi." Win, with his hoarse voice after waking up, replied.

Bright narrowed his eyes. He entered the room to find out about Win's fitness. One of his hands grabbed Win's and another hand was used to check body temperature from forehead to neck. "You don't have fever, but your body is warm. It will get better after doing some activities. You still can hangout with us." Bright said.

"Next time, Phi," Win rejected the invitation once again. "I want to have more rest."

Bright nodded. "Then, I won't go. They invited me to come at 7 pm. I will be back so late at night."

"Go and have some fun." Win convinced Bright. "I'll be waiting here while sleeping."

Bright fell silent. His hands moved to cup Win's cheeks. His thumbs rubbed the eye bags gently. How many times he had made Win crying? He never meant it but this younger man ended up in tears again.

"Being with you, my purpose of life has extended. Give me more time to make you happy. I promise I won't stop trying." Bright stated.

Win said nothing. He looked deeply into those big eyes which were directed to Win's. They did not waver even a bit. This person, who was standing beside the bed, beside him, cupping his cheeks with big hands, made Win who was sitting on the bed looking up, was his partner. The partner who was giving his best for Win now.

Win nodded in the end, led Bright to let go of his cheeks. After that, Bright left the bedroom while asking if Win wanted the usual menu for breakfast.