08. The Biggest Mistake

"It's my fault for still being not good enough. Everything is my fault. The biggest mistake was thinking that you felt the same.
Blame me that it's my fault for giving my heart to you."
- ผิดที่สำคัญตัว (The Biggest Mistake)
by Pete Pol

•••

After the last time he met with Bright, Win always checked Bright's schedule through social media and his friends. He would avoid the area in the office which he had high probability to cross path with him.

Win was still bowl over the confession of Bright about his thought. Many questions in Win's mind but he had no backbone to ask for confirmation. He had always thought that Bright had strong relationship with his ex, no one could break it. Still, they broke up. Win did not dare to ask for more.

Win already put a distance with Bright for 2 weeks already. He did not hangout with the group even when Mix was the one who invited him.

As Win did not contact Bright for these 2 weeks, he was still thinking that Bright must be really angry with him. "He said I was annoying."

A heavy breath sound was heard as Mix and Kay's reaction to Win. The content of his talk was not a problem but they had heard it for at least once a day every single time they met.

"Now, we have to say yes, you are annoying." Mix said. "Just go and have a good talk with P'Bright."

Kay was someone who did not offer any advice and chose to go to another part of the dressing room. Today, he had no schedule but he was in the office by chance, so he went to where his friends were.

"See? You just made P'Kay go."

Win stared at his latest LINE chat with Bright 15 minutes ago. Win tried his best to be unavailable for Bright. He said he had another interview. He had lied, but...

"If he's gonna wait, then he's gonna wait

"If he's gonna wait, then he's gonna wait. He is the man of his words. At least, that's what I heard." Mix commented. "He is waiting for you na, Ai Win. Don't you dare to escape. Two weeks is long time to be in a cold war with someone you know very well."

Win hissed. "Do I look like someone who know him very well, P'Mix?"

"No." Mix answered. "But maybe he knows you better than you know him. The perks of being a blunt person. If he wants to know, he asks, so he gets the answer. It makes him know many things."

Win changed his clothes and was ready to go home. "Are you not going with me, P'Mix?"

"Nong Win, someone is looking for you outside na kha." A stylist suddenly called him.

Win clicked his tongue. There was no way to escape. The only emergency exit he could take now was jumping from the 30th floor with breaking the glass of the fixed window.