22. Lost Stars

"I thought I heard you call my name.
I thought I heard you out there crying.
But are we all lost stars trying to
light up the dark?"
- Lost Stars by Adam Levine

•••

Beep... Beep... Beep...

The sound of alarm startled Win. His body was heavy when he wanted to get up because Bright was enveloping him with one of his hands and legs on top of Win. His hand wandered around to reach his phone and dismissed the alarm before ringing one more time.

An arm caught Win's hand when Win finished making the sound of alarm gone. Bright had woken up, but he was clearly still snoozy.

"Don't play with your phone." Bright warned Win in raspy voice.

Win caressed Bright's hair until the older man fell back to sleep. Win chuckled. He forgot he was in a relationship with a cat-like person.

Recalling what they did all day on the previous day, Win sighed. He was supposed to be the exhausted one but the fact, Bright was more ready to drop than Win.

Spoiling Bright from the moment they woke up yesterday until last night, used Win up. Even so, the euphoria refilled his energy and good mood. He felt fresh this morning.

Buzz... Buzz... Buzz...

Win turned his head to his phone. It was not the sound of alarm. It was an incoming call. He slowly pulled his hand back from Bright's grasp and reached his phone to pick the call up.

The name on the screen made Win forcibly free himself from Bright. He shoved Bright leg and hand to the side as smooth as he could but the rush still woke Bright up.

It was a blessing that Win was not lazy to put his shorts on last night so he could immediately walk to the dining room while greeting the woman who was calling him at 8 in the morning. "Sawasdee khrab."

"Sawasdee kha, Nong Win. Can you meet me at 11 AM in my office?"

"Khrab, P'Day. Is it ok for me to show up in the office?"

"Sure. I'll be waiting."

"Khrab. Thank you, P'Day."

"See you later."

"Khrab. Sawasdee khrab." Win hung up the call. He stared at the phone screen, wondered if a week of restriction had been cancelled. He was allowed to come to the office today. Today was only the 6th day.

"Are you not gonna come back to bed?" Bright asked. He was disturbed by Win's sudden movement earlier and ended up listening to the conversation. Bright, with messy hair and only covered by long pyjama pants, leaned on the frame of bedroom door, looking at Win. "What did she say?"

Win exhaled in relief. "She said she wanted to meet me at 11 AM."

"Where?"

"Her office."

"Ok." Bright took his towel, put it on his shoulder, and opened the door to shower room.

"Phi, what are you gonna do?"

"Showering...?" Bright confusedly replied Win. "What else can I do in the shower room? Why did you ask?"

Win walked to Bright. His arms surrounded Bright's neck, hugging him tightly. "P'Bright..."

Bright undoubtedly hugged Win back. He wrapped Win's waist with his arms. Was Win still in the mood for spoiling him like yesterday?

Win suddenly pushed Bright away with towel in his hand. "This is mine. I'm taking shower first." Win waved his hand to Bright, teasing the older man for his clumsiness while disappearing behind the shower room door.