02. Not Fine

"Wearing your heart on your sleeve, I know that you've never been that type. I can never know why. If you let me know what the thought is in your head, I can fix it."
- Not Fine by Day6

•••

The practice room in GTV building was never for people who dislike gathering, especially in busy hours from 10 AM to 4 PM. The room was always full of artists who attending classes provided by the company, such as acting, singing and playing instruments, modeling, also dancing.

Bright preferred staying at home alone, far from the crowd, yet he was there at 10.30 AM with First, his best buddy in the company, to attend acting class. There, he met with many juniors. One of them was Mix, who just entered the room alone and was about to join another group of junior.

In this company, junior was not referred to someone who was younger than you. It was referred to those who joined the company and started their career later than you.

"Damn you, P'Bright!" First was still complaining because Bright called him out of the blue saying he was bored and wanted to get out of the condo, yet his choice was their office. "Do you think this place is a good choice to hang out? Breaking up has made you crazy."

"I'll appreciate if you can just shut up." Bright said as he noticed Mix was in the room.

"Aw, Ai Mix. Long time no see." First greeted Mix before Bright could say anything. First knew Bright would not say anything anyway.

Mix, who was talking to another junior, was startled when his name was called. But he got back at First shortly. "Sawasdee khrab."

"Are you by yourself?"

"I'm with Ai Win, but he is going to the restroom first." Mix said. "He drank a lot last night. He might be still hungover." Now, Mix looked at the door, started realizing if he should be panic over his friend who did not come back yet.

Bright's eyes dilated. "Was he with you? Then, he did not go home after he left my place. Was he drunk last night?"

"Ohooo, Phi. You know how hard it is to make him drunk. He wasn't drunk, just drank a lot." Mix explained while cackling.

Win entered the room right after Mix finished explaining to Bright. He was surprised when he saw Bright was standing there with First. "Sawasdee khrab, Phi. Why are you here khrab?"

"Can't I?" Bright asked Win back. Short. Quick. And coldly.

Win was taken aback to Bright's reaction. "Why are you sulking khrab, P'Bright?"

"I'm not."

First sighed. He had to save Win from his suddenly-in-a-badmood friend. He grabbed a chance and poke Win's arm when Mix was calling him to give him a code that he must leave. Win excused himself and left both seniors behind.

Bright exhaled heavily. First exhaled heavier, it made Bright shaken up. His mouth was opened to say something to First, but First was quicker.

"Don't talk to me, Phi. You don't wanna hear what I'm gonna say." First walked away from him to join the juniors.

"Are you still sulki-"

"You are sulking. I'm not."

First did not care with his witless friend. Guess how many people had tried not to cursing Bright when Bright was being ignorant? So many, but the only who could show Bright an attitude everytime he was being a bastard is First.

"If you are not my friend, I already left you here alone. Be grateful, Phi."