BAKUGOU: Still Getting There! {🍋}

⚠️CRUSHING HARD HAS BEEN PUBLISHED!⚠️

~Shai POV~

     Add this gear right here....add that one...here. I think in deep concentration as I work on a new support item for Pinky. I grab a piece of paper before I get some of the acid I have in a jar that Pinky gave me for testing and put it in the acid proof glove after I set up the target.
Pinky's acidity gloves: Test 21. Time: 14:31. I think as I hold out my arms as I use my quirk activating machine that I made, to help test items even though I'm quirkless, and insert it in the side.
Ready....aim....sho-
     "Mei!"
"Mom!" I look up a slight panic as I quickly turn off the machine before I use it, only resulting in a few dribbles of acid coming out of the fingertips of the gloves.
"Mei Iida! What have I told you about rushing into people's houses when you're excited about something."
"Don't do it. Haha! But this is too good a reason to do it!" I recognize the Turbo Hero: Ingenium and his wife, Mei Iida, who's the top support items maker in all of Japan and then a boy who looks a little annoyed by the actions of the adults.
"Woah." I say in awe as I look at them both, making them turn their heads towards me.
"Hi there!" Mrs. Iida says with a wide smile as she quickly rushes to me, making me jump a little in surprise. "I want to see some of your babies!" She exclaims and my eyes widen in embarrassment.
"I'm too young to have kids!" I exclaim as I blush with embarrassment and wave my hands in front of me rapidly, making a few drops off acid land on the floor and start to hiss as it melts. "Shit!" I say before I get the some of formula that I made to stop the acid from burning and pour it on it.
"Gadget boy," I look up to see the boy with blue dreadlocks and yellow eyes looking at me with an amused look. "she means your gadgets." He states and I clear my throat a little embarrassed.
     "Right, thanks." I say to him and he nods.
     "Shai, are you okay?!  The elevator was open and-" we all turn to look as Leah rushes in worriedly before stopping. "Oh my gosh! You're meeting with your biggest idol!" She says as she points to Mrs. Iida excitedly and I blush slightly.
     "Don't point, you look ridiculous." I deadpan and she smiles before she glances towards the boy and grins.
     "I'll leave you alone. Don't show off too much or you might scare away the pretty boy. Good luck, Shai! Get me if you need me to test gadgets!" Leah says smoothly as she waves while walking away, leaving me a mess of embarrassment.
Leah, you ass! I think as I glare after the girl.
     "Sorry for the intrusion, young Bakuguo," I look up as a hand is placed on my shoulder by Ingenium as he smiles at me. "your mother said we could come and look at some of your gadgets after she finally got tired of my wife asking." He states and his wife smiles.
"I'm very interested to see what you've come up with. I was very interested when I watch your parent's interview last month." Mrs. Iida says as she looks at one of my newest inventions that I use to help make other inventions.
"Really?" I ask and she nods as she gently picks it up and starts to look at it. "Well what you're holding right now is something I made a few years ago to help me with getting closer eyes on where I need to put gears or screws when building-pfft!" I stop to laugh as she pushed a side button and her eyes look 10x larger.
     "Woah! They definitely work!" She exclaims before pushing it again before she carefully takes it off. "What're you working on?" She asks as she finally notices the gloves on my arms.
     "These are for Pinky. They're going to help her be able to focus her acid to a point and get better aim." I explain before I gesture for them to back up before aiming at the target I had set up earlier.
      I quickly attached the quirk starter to the gloves before aiming and hitting the target almost on center and it hisses loudly as it melts. "Dang it. I was off by a bit." I say and hear a laugh.
     "Maybe adjust this right here." The boy with blue dreadlocks says with a smile as he slightly adjusts one wire on the side of the glove. "Now try." He says and I nod before adding a little move acid and then shooting again, hitting the target dead center.
     I gawk for a moment with a smile before I turn to him. "Thanks..."
     He chuckles before he smiles. "Tei {sounds like Tay}. And I hope to see you at my mom's workplace." He says before he leaves the room and I see him lay something down on my side table before he exits.
     "Huh?" I say in confusion before Mrs. Iida smiles at me.
      "I'd like to offer you a part time job at my facility." She says and my eyes widen in surprise and excitement.
     "M-Me?" I say stupidly as I point to myself, making her nod with a small laugh.
     "So?" She asks and I smile.
     "Hell yeah."