Chapter 9

7 Years Ago-Camilla

"Seriously! Could you two move any slower" Matt shouts as he careers down onto the beach ahead of us.

He and Harry have brought me to a secluded cove and beach, not far from town, that they swear only locals know about.

That's probably because, as I have just found out, you have to climb up and then down, some pretty impressive and jagged rocks to reach it. As we reached the top of the rocky outcrop and I get my first look at Mermaids Cove, I'm surprisingly impressed, with its dark azure water and sandy beach.

Harry helps me down onto the beach, with me slipping and sliding clumsily on the moss-covered rocks, and Harry holding onto me tightly while muttering sweet utterances like "You okay babe?" and 'Nearly there Mills"

We finally reach the beach and remove our trainers straight away. The moment I get my toes into the sand, I look at Harry smiling.

He looks down at me and says "What?'.

"Just happy" I answer, which causes him to grab my hand and kiss me on the forehead before we stride down the beach after Matt.

There are a few other people in the cove, but we have it pretty much to ourselves.

We finally reach Matt, who has already laid out his towel on the beach and is applying a copious amount of sun cream, saying "What? I'm really pale" in response to our raised eyebrows.

Laying our towels out next to his, I grab a book and my bottle of water and place it down nearby.

I then take my t-shirt and shorts off, leaving me in my cute bikini with a sunflower print. I stand up and I'm just putting my hair in a messy bun, when I look towards Harry who is standing, staring at me, wide eyed.

I watch his eyes travel down my body, and I can't help but feel a blush rise on my cheeks.

Suddenly Matt exclaims "Harold, put your eyes back in your head and stop ogling our Millie".

Harry's immediately looks away embarrassed and says "Fuck off Matty".

But looking briefly at me again and then the ground, he says quietly "You look so beautiful Mills. I don't know how I am going to keep my hands of you today".

I feel my cheeks go red again and I smile, Harry makes me feel beautiful and wanted, for the first time in my life. Stepping towards him, I reach up and give him a small kiss on his cheek, before I lay down on my towel and open my book.

A short while later, the boys have gone swimming and I can hear them ribbing each other, mixed in with some really bad language. I hope there are no innocent kids on the beach to hear them.

I must doze off, as I am woken up when I feel something cold dripping over my warm body.

I immediately open my eyes and am met with sopping wet Harry, standing shirtless over me, trickling water on me, with a cheeky smile on his face.

"Harry stop! It's cold" I whine.

"Babe! I can't hear you, what are you saying?" he exclaims, pretending not to be able to hear me.

"Oh my god Harry! Stop!" I shout, about to jump up and run away, when Harry drops down and lies directly on top of me.

I squirm "Fuck! Harry, you are freezing and heavy".