Chapter 22

Present Day- Harry

"Shit H. How the fuck do I attach this? Can you stop standing around and laughing and just help" Felicity shouts, flinging her hands up in the air in defeat as she tries to wrangle Jacks car seat into my Range Rover.

We are currently standing in the Rye Train Station parking lot, and I can't help laughing at her efforts. Especially as she looks like she just stepped off a catwalk, as she is wearing a flowing jewel coloured caftan, large sunglasses and a sky blue coloured chiffon headscarf.

"Mommy isn't the brightest, is she?" I coo to Jack, who is in my arms.

He clearly has no idea what's going but has a huge smile on his chubby little face.

I eventually step forward to help, it's the least I can do considering she has come all the way here from London.

Handing Jack back to his irritated mom, I quickly install the seat, having recently fitted Rory's bigger version.

"Fuck you Harry" she sighs.

"Language Fel!" I tease, ruffling her hair.

As she swats me away, she adds more seriously "Look at us though Harry! A few years ago we were just two wild kids partying it up in London. Things have definitely changed, haven't they?"

I roll my eyes at her, but in reality I know she is right and I am surprised as fuck. I still can't believe I have a four-year-old.

Fel straps Jack in and passes him her keys to keep him busy as we set off to check them into the hotel. As we drive through the historic cobbled streets, Felicity looks around in awe and says "Wow, it's a really beautiful town".

"I suppose" I mumble, struggling to appreciate Rye, considering my past here.

"So" says Fel happily" What's our plan today? I mean after I check in to the hotel?".

"Um well, I thought we could pick up Rory from Cam's and then spend the afternoon exploring the town. Maybe we start at Evans Chocolatier for coffee and a brownie?".

"Oh my god yes! You know I can't turn down anything chocolate" she answers smiling, before she asks "So how are things going with Cam?".

I glance at her briefly, before turning my attention back to the road and answering "They are a fucking mess Fel. And I'm partly to blame, I mean I know she kept Rory from me but I really fucked things up the other day and now she doesn't want anything to do with me. And something is up with her; she is a nervous wreck".

Fel stays quite for a few minutes, looking deep in thought before she replies "Well let's see if we can do anything about that babe plus I'm dying to meet Rory".

"Ror is amazing, you are going to love her. She is so smart and funny and quirky" I share proudly before I add "We have decided to wait to tell her I'm her dad, just until we get to know each other, so don't say anything" I caution.

"I think that's a good idea, take it slow" Felicity agrees.

We drive for a few more minutes, before I say softly "Thanks for coming Fel. I really appreciate it and I know it's a huge ask for you to come all the way here with Jack and everything. Not sure what I would do without you in my life".

Felicity reaches across and squeezes my hand happily "I know H. Love you babe" she says as we pull into the hotel and Jack laughs happily from the back of the car.

As I nervously wait for Cam to open her front door, I glimpse back at Felicity who is standing eagerly behind me, with Jack in her arms. I suggested she wait in the car while I pick up Rory, but she told me to sod off and that there was no fucking chance.