Chapter 3

7 Years Ago-Camilla

I walk through the never-ending portrait lined passages of my parents' home, every now and again catching a glimpse of one of our grumpy looking ancestors adorning the walls.

I don't often come down to the kitchen, my mother thinking it's not appropriate for someone of my standing.

As I step into the kitchen, and walk over the historic stone floors I am amazed at its warmth despite the vast size of the room. I suppose in days gone by, the Devereux's, my family, would have had a huge staff and an estate teeming with activity. These days it's just me, my parents who are often away, and a few staff members.

I have come down to the kitchen to speak to our cook, Kim. I find her sitting at the kitchen table, cleaning the silverware and having a cup of tea. As she notices me, I can see she is surprised.

"Miss Camilla" she exclaims, standing up suddenly.

"Hi Kim, please sit. I just want to ask you something" I say taking a seat next to her at the large wooden table.

"Oh okay. Can I get you a cup of tea love? I just brewed a pot" she asks.

I smile and say "yeh sure, that would be great".

I watch Kim as she potters around the kitchen, grabbing me a cup. She must be in her early forties, slim and pretty with shiny auburn hair.

Kim sits next to me, placing down my tea and a plate of digestives "So what can I help you with" she asks cheerily.

I take a sip of my tea and then say "Um, I just wanted to find out if you know any more about Harry? The boy who delivers the fish?".

Kim smiles kindly and asks "Harry? Oh, as in Harry Styles?"

I nod. Okay so we have a surname, Styles suits him.

"I bumped into him in the Rose Garden a few days ago" I offer.

"Well I'm not that familiar with him, I just went to high school with his dad who is a fisherman. His mom died a long time ago, I think in childbirth" she offers.

"God that's awful Kim" I exclaim, poor Harry.

"I know, and his dad is drinker. I don't think Harry has had it easy"

"Don't know much else unfortunately although my nieces go to school with him and they all think he is hot; I don't think he struggles with the ladies. Oh, and if I recall I think he is into music, maybe" she says.

I ponder what she has just told me, feeling Kim's eyes on me.

I take a huge gulp, finishing my tea, grab two biscuits and thank her, getting up to leave the room.

"Camilla?" Kim calls just before I exit the room.

"Yip"

"We get our fish delivery every Wednesday afternoon. Harry normally joins his dad, maybe this week I'll offer his dad some tea and keep him busy for a while" and she goes back to her work.

I nod and smile "Thanks Kim"

Its Wednesday at last, and I am a nervous wreck.

I spent way to long getting ready after I got home from school, trying on about ten different outfits. I eventually settle on some short high waisted denim cut offs and a cropped vintage Rolling Stones t-shirt. I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard so I leave my hair loose and decide to go barefoot.